1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mary Ann ASHTON, formerly [name] ?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Philb-c, Aug 8, 2017.

1. MollyMay

MollyMay Knows where to find the answers!

Hannah, Anthony and Thomas are with Anthony and Rosannah in 1841 - I needed to make a start on dinner so left them off:D

2. Philb-c

Philb-c Well-Known Member

Mmmm, Whilst the 1851 & 61 census' are 'possibles', I think I need to find a March 1868 Kidderminster marriage certificate to confirm James' father being an Anthony and possibly an address.
    A shame we have gone from 'Brettel Lane' to 'Kingswinford', Staffordshire (although they are reasonably close to each other).

3. MollyMay

It appears that 'The Genealogist' has PR's for Worcestershire/Kidderminster

4. Philb-c

This is soooo annoying, I'm with Ancestry, and half of what I need is on FMP and the other half with "The Genealogist".
    Add to that a baptism cert I would like from Hertfordshire for which they charge £10 via email .... or I can have a print-out for just -15pence if I called in person. One reaches a stage where one has to draw the line.
    (Rant over).

5. MollyMay

Well I admit defeat:headbang:. I cannot find Mary Ann, Ernest or Ada after the 1901 census. No sign of James [jun] after 1891.
    We know Mary Ann was still at the 1901 address (I checked it for 1911) when probate was issued in 1906/7 but what happened to them after that I just have no idea. They could, of course, just have been missed off of the census:mad: or they had left the country.
    I did wonder if James [sen] went abroad to work which is why he is missing in 1881, there is a gap in children from 1875 to 1882, although there could have been babies who did not survive.
    I am afraid I am now in the realms of supposition (not good):nailbiting:

Chimp likes this.
  6. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

There is an Arthur Ashton baptised 24th December 1885 St Paul Warrington father James mother Mary Ann. 106 Bewsey Road. James wire roller.
    Freebmd have Arthur John reg Warrington June !885 and an Arthur John death Warrington age 3.
    Strange that Ada and Gertrude on Lancashire OPC baptised together 16 April 1885 St Paul Warrington. Then Arthur December. I wonder why they just didn't wait and do the lot together after Arthur was born.

MollyMay likes this.
  7. Philb-c

16 Jan 1897:
    Mary Ann Ashton, spinster, 111 Bewsey Road, father James Ashton, wire roller.
    Marriage to Edgar Pearce, Holy Trinity, Warrington.

1901 census:
    Mary Ann Pearce, daughter, married, 175 Bewsey Road (with parents).

Ma-dotcom likes this.