Tangled Cornalls

Discussion in 'Devonshire' started by Peregrine, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

Also on Familysearch: England Marriages, 1538–1973

Mary Searle married:Thomas Hamlyn
    28 October 1782 Staverton, Devon,England.
    Depends on how many Mary Seales were in Staverton. Several other marriages fo Marys in various parts of Devon.

2. Peregrine

Peregrine Well-Known Member

During my current travels through Britain I briefly called into the Devon Heritage Centre and checked these two possible deaths for Richard Cornall. The 1859 was easy to dismiss, being for a one year old son of a Robert and Elizabeth. However, the 1854 death for a 71 year old on 3 Mar 1854 looked just right plus a couple of entries below was the death of one Elizabeth Cornall age 71 who died 28 May 1854. My only concern is the 71 years, given the three possible baptisms for Richard Cornall discovered earlier to seemingly the same parents, John and Mary. Does that mean there were more than one set of parents named John and Mary in tiny Chawleigh in the years 1783 to 1789? Or does age 71 on the death certificate seem okay when if he was born 1789 he'd be six years younger?