1871 census help please.

Discussion in 'British Census' started by Sis, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

Perhaps he married into Romani or Gypsy

Sis and Daft Bat like this.
  2. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

The problem with the Romany gypsies is most if not all have surnames that non Gypsies have.

In my great aunt's case her maiden name was Councellatta Flack and there are plenty of non Gypsy Flack families around. I got in touch with the owner of the Flack family info on the Guild of One Name Studies, that lady wasn't aware of the Gypsy Flacks, she became very interested in them and the info we jointly came up with is now on that site.

Have you checked that site to see if there is a one name study group for Skeet or Skeat, if there is it might be worth your while to contact them.

3. Genie1

Genie1 Well-Known Member

I am the same.
    Sometimes I get a rush of information that takes me by surprise and I jot the information down or print it. Then I can't , in some cases, be bothered to add it to the tree and it piles up.

Ma-dotcom and Sis like this.
  4. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

I thought for a moment it was me writing that. ;) Peoples notes are full of family's BMDs I hadn't found time to enter earlier, am just getting into it & finding nice surprises as I check them online.

Sis likes this.
  5. Sis

Sis Rootles out resources!

There is the added joy of finding more info sometimes. Also I found one the other day who had the wrong wife!:eek:

Ma-dotcom likes this.