2 brothers died Gallipoli

Discussion in 'Non U.K. Forces' started by Nightryder, Apr 23, 2015.

1. AnnB

AnnB Editor in Chief who is Hot off the Press!

Both the Ayres brothers have notices of their deaths on Trove (they include names of relatives).
    Leslie Edward is at http://
    trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/result?l-category=Family+Notices&q=%22ayres%22&l-decade=191&l-year=1917&l-month=1
    and Stanley Robert is at http://
    trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/result?l-category=Family+Notices&q=%22ayres%22&l-decade=191&l-year=1918&l-month=8

Ann

Ma-dotcom and Doug like this.
  2. Nightryder

Nightryder Well-Known Member

Thank you all so much for finding all this info, im downloading everything & i will print it all out & post to friend in Hobart, but im going to call her tonight to give her a general outline, she has been in hospital & is disappointed she is not well enough to go to any service for Anzac day this year, so will be realy pleased to know details about the 2 boys who died,
    who no one in the family ever spoke about.
    Jenn

GrannyBarb, Sis, AnnB and 2 others like this.
  3. Lostfamily

Lostfamily New Member

Hello. Sorry I am new to this and not sure how it works. I've just started tracing my family tree and have discovered I am a great granddaughter of Samuel and Harriet ALBERT. Is there any way I can contact your friend for information on the family?. My father knows very little of his father or grandparents, actually very little of his family period. Thank you.

Doug likes this.
  4. Nightryder

Hi lostfamily, ive sent friend a message & i will get back to you when i hear from her.
    Jenn

Lostfamily likes this.
  5. Nightryder

Lostfamily, Sorry she does not want any contact, but we have fantastic people on this forum, if the information can be found, they will find it,why dont you post your questions & see what the super sleuths can find for you.
    Jenn

Daft Bat likes this.
  6. Lostfamily

Lostfamily New Member

Thank you for that, I will :)

Doug and Daft Bat like this.