A couple of Irish queries

Discussion in 'General Family History Queries' started by ron reddam, Mar 26, 2018.

1. patten-walsh

patten-walsh Well-Known Member

Sorry I see now that you sent me your email address by putting it on my profile page.

2. MollyMay

MollyMay Knows where to find the answers!

Ron,

If you click on 'inbox' (top rhs under the tree) you can send a private message to another member;)

3. ron reddam

ron reddam Member

Dear Patten-Walsh,
    again, you are the greatest! Do you know if Irish death listed state family or anything else?

4. patten-walsh

Unfortunately no image of the death registration is available online, but you could order a copy of the death cert, details are:
    Mary Reddam died 1874, Jan-Mar Quarter, Sligo registration district, Volume 2, Page 273

If you go to https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Apply-for-Certificates.aspx
    and under the heading " Apply for certificates" it says "Certificates of birth, death, marriage and civil partnership can be obtained from the General Register Office, from your local civil register offices - addresses here or online.
    Click on the highlighted "here" and it will open a form which you can download and e-mail to them. Cost is 4 euros which at the moment equals $6.27 and they email a copy of the cert to you.

Figgs, Sis and Daft Bat like this.
  5. patten-walsh

Have now had occasion to use the GRO email service for a photocopy of a birth cert and the service went as follows.... e-mailed completed form 3rd May, response asking for payment received 9th May, photocopy received by e-mail today. So if you take out non working days that leaves 8 days which I think is a bit slow for the service. Cost was 4 euros which, when converted into Pounds and pence came to 4.51 which I guess includes a foreign currency fee that the bank takes, as a straight forward conversion is 3.51 = 4 Euros

Sis and Daft Bat like this.