1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ann Turner and Lucy Davies

Discussion in 'London' started by annabel, Jan 28, 2018.

1. annabel

annabel Puts the Heart into Hertfordshire

Ellen Georgiana Skinner 1835 - 1855, daughter of Mary Ann Turner and William Skinner, is missing from her house in 1841. I think I have her in this household HO107; Piece: 685; Book: 1; Civil Parish: St Pancras; County: Middlesex; Enumeration District: 1; Folio: 14; Page: 21

St James Place, St Pancras
    Ann Turner, 60, ind, born in county
    Lucy Davies, 55, ind, do
    Charlotte? Davies?, 30, F.S., do
    Ellen Skinner, 5, do

Although they have been transcribed as 2 households, they look like one to me. I think it says Charlotte.

Ann could be Mary Ann Turner's mother. Mary Ann was born variously 1809-13 at St James, London.

I have a possible baptism for Mary Ann 14th May 1809 in St James Piccadilly to Ann and Joseph, but only as it's St James and Ann.
    I'm thinking that Lucy is a sister as they are both independent. I'm trying to find any links that would show me if I'm barking up the right tree. Can't find Charlotte at all.
    There's a real lack of men in this picture. Turner and Davies :rolleyes:

2. Jellylegs

Jellylegs Well-Known Member

FMP have Charlotte transcribed as DAWES

annabel likes this.
  3. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

Family Search has a Charlotte Davies born 1/4/1806 baptised 20/4/1806 St Mary Marylebone to William Davies and Ann.
    No sign of a Lucy.

annabel likes this.
  4. annabel

annabel Puts the Heart into Hertfordshire

There is an 1842 death of a Lucy Hannah Davies age 56 at St Pancras which might be Lucy. But no other sign of a Lucy Hannah being married or born