Another cry for help

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Findem, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

i would appreciate help with this image please, it's the second entry down on the left hand page.

it is according to Ancestry's Essex Parish Register Index, a baptism for a William Wodfrino, son of William, 5 Oct 1607 at Great Easton.

FreeReg do not have a baptism but it has William Wodfyne the son of William buried 4 Oct 1607 at Gt Easton.

From the PR image I see it as Willyam Wodfyne, the symbol at the beginning of the entry is an ornate B for a burial, not an ornate C to signify a baptism.

I'm having trouble working out the day and much of the wording but I get the impression it could be a baptism and burial entry but I don't state that with any real confidence.

Could I have some opinions please?

Whatever it is it's stuffed up a theory I had, I would have been so happy with a baptism but not a burial.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

It looks like baptised to me, fourth day of October.:nailbiting:

3. arthurk

arthurk Well-Known Member

Me too - and I think the bit at the end might be 'the same yeare', but it's a bit too faint to be absolutely sure.

4. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

Thanks for that, I originally thought it said baptised but having seen the FreeReg burial entry for the 4th October, coupled with a recheck and noting the ornate upper case B, I thought I must be wrong, as if. ;)

I think I'll take it as a baptism, I have poured over those two darn pages and there doesn't seem to be any other William Woodfine, Wodfyne or Wodfrino entries that could be a burial.

My ancestor Thomas Go(u)ldstone married Maria Woodfine, widow, 1665 at Gt Easton

Mary daughter of Robert Woodfine & Priscilla Flacke bap 1635 at Lindsell.
    Maria daughter of William Woodfine & Marie Berends bap 1637 at Gt Easton.

Robert & William are sons of William and Mary Woodfine and both were baptised at Gt Easton.

A Maria Woodfine married John Wilson 16 Feb 1657 at Gt Easton

It's a bit of a mess trying to sort out who is the Mary that married Thomas Goldstone, so I wanted to get the families of Robert and William sorted plus their siblings to see if there is any clues in names.

If anyone else wants to weigh in with an opinion about the entry please feel free.