Anyone have access to the NBI?

Discussion in 'Church Records' started by Findem, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Findem

Findem The Fearless One. Rest in Peace.

Thanks for the marriages MollyMay. I already had the John Atteridge to Mary Reynolds marriage but I didn't know they were "of Roxwell".

Try as I might I could not bring up the marriage of George Atteridge and Mary Smith on the Essex PR Index on Ancestry, tried searches on both persons names and on Attridge with no first name, also using just George. Still at this point his marriage is not vital to my research, it is enough to know the place and year of marriage.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  2. patten-walsh

patten-walsh Well-Known Member

Decided to see if I could find a Burial of a Mr Bridge who would be a husband of the Judith Bridge burial 1766 Felstead, but didn't, however I did find 2 Utteridge burials that I had somehow missed.
    13 Jan 1767 Will'm Utteridge
    1 Apr 1768 James Utteridge
    Could these be the children that were born 21 Apr 1765, of course with no other info in the register it's only a guessing game

3. patten-walsh

patten-walsh Well-Known Member

Also missed 9 May 1779 James Utteridge

4. MollyMay

MollyMay Knows where to find the answers!

Derek, I may have misled you with George and Mary Smith - when I checked this morning the entry was for Banns - so the marriage may never have taken place.

5. Findem

That's how I see it, didn't have much luck with his first marriage, losing his wife and two of their three children.

As for the James buried 9 May 1779 I haven't sorted him out yet, I'll be checking through my notes to see what other families he might belong to.

Thanks very much for the info it's all been noted.

6. Findem

No problems MollyMay, I haven't recorded it permanently yet, pretty sure they did marry though because I've seen entries for children of a George and Mary, I think, have to check my notes.

MollyMay likes this.