Barking Essex

Discussion in 'Essex' started by Lone Pine, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Lone Pine

Lone Pine Her Grandad would be so proud of her

I have hit a big brick wall I have a William Prentice born 1796 Barking, (he is my Nanny's Grandfather) which is Essex in those days I have him in the 1851 census but can't find him at all in the 1841 census, just to make matters worse in the 1851 census he say that his wife is Mary Anne aged 25! but also lists a daughter called Mary Anne aged 13 seems he got himself a bit confused unless its a second marriage, but not so sure about that. Can anyone give me any advice on where to go from here. I know that his son also called William Prentice joined the Peculiar People sect, but not sure about William 1796

2. AnnB

AnnB Editor in Chief who is Hot off the Press!

I've just found William on the 1851 census and it seems to say, very helpfully, after his wife Mary Ann's entry "2d wife of Wm Prentice" - so, yes, it looks like she was his second wife :)

Ann

Chimp likes this.
  3. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

What is the census reference, please? :)

4. Lone Pine

Don't worry checked it all out and found that William was now born in Romford in 1777 not Barking. that will teach me to check but it was about 2am this morning that I found him so tired, sorry guys.

This bought a smile to my face you just could not make this up just found an ancestor of my Nanny (Dad's Mum) and you are never going to guess where he was born Romford 1777 that is where I grew up! Also have an Uncle of Nanny's living in Pritchards Road in 1952 my Nanny married Grandad and his surname was Pritchard LOL you just could not make it up LOL Love Family History

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    Daft Bat and AnnB like this.
  5. AnnB

AnnB Editor in Chief who is Hot off the Press!

HO107/1562/49/31 :)

Ann

Daft Bat likes this.
  6. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

Thanks Ann. :)

Okay, I am now confused :confused:

Are we now looking for William Prentice born 1777 in Romford? If so, which censuses?

7. Kerry Prentice

Kerry Prentice New Member

8. Kerry Prentice

Kerry Prentice New Member

Hi. Lone . Looking at the information you have so far , I'm assuming this information was gleened from the Prenticenet pages or Ancestry as it is my work .. I've been working on this line for many years as I'm the ggg granddaughter of William Prentice b. c1777 . It is unknown where William was born or the exact year as this information was gleened from census and marriage documents. His wife Keturah was born in Romford and William states that was where he was born but there is no baptism of a William Prentice c1777 in Romford. I can give you more details if required .
    Who is your grandmother that is a direct decendant of William ? As it is likely I have your family tree too ! .. please email me at .. harlequinsbeauty AT hotmail DOT com if you'd like further info . Kind regards Kerry

(Email address munged to deter spammers)

Sis, Doug, Ma-dotcom and 1 other person like this.
  9. Lone Pine

Kerry you do know me you was in touch with my Aunt in Australia, who I know has spoken to you, what I was doing was finished off the tree for her, as we shared a tree, so I was on it during the day in the UK, she went on it during the day in Australia while it was night time in the UK (not supposed to but we did share it, hope you can understand what I am saying). Unfortunately she has now had a very bad stroke and cannot speak or walk, so I was just finishing it off for her.