Barnes in Mangotsfield

Discussion in 'Gloucestershire' started by Alison, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Alison

Alison Member

Has anyone any information about the Barnes family and their descendants? Luke and Elizabeth had a number of children, the one I am interested in is Luke born 1824 who married Hannah Rawlings in Bath, they in turn had a Florence and William (my direct ancestor) born 1850 in Machen Monmouthshire.

2. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

I see from your other thread that Luke and Hannah married on 13th September 1847. Do you have the marriage certificate? If so, it should name Luke's father and his occupation which, in turn, may help us find further records about Luke's birth. :)

3. Alison

Alison Member

Thanks for your reply, i do have marriage certificate, his father was also Luke and I have certificates. Luke was baptised in Mangotsfield on 4th April 1824 with his father Luke Barnes being a gardener. I am really looking for the death of Luke Barnes (b 1824) around 1860/1861... if Hannah is telling the truth on your subsequent marriage to John Wilton about being a widow.