Bean Ancestors

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Joe Bean, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Kathleen Bean

Kathleen Bean New Member

Joe Bean,
    I hope you are still registered and using this site. I would like to know that you have found family!! My husband is John Frederich Bean. Son of Frederich Young Bean and grandson to Frank Kirby Bean Sr. We have also been trying to research the Bean family line and are stuck at Frank Kirby Bean Sr. My husband has two brothers and a sister as well as several nieces and nephews, not to mention my children. I was wondering if you had made any headway and if you had explored the Miami Oklahoma connection. There has to be some reason they traveled there to have your father Joseph O Bean before moving on to Colorado. Please contact me and maybe we can share direct email addresses and explore our findings. Also, I was wondering if you or any of your family (Bean side) has done the Ancestry DNA profile. My husband has but it hasn't lead to any new information beyond what you have shared in this posting. If anything, I thought you'd like to know that you have family through your father's side.
    Hope all is well with you,
    Kathleen Bean

GrannyBarb and John Bean like this.
  2. Kathleen Bean

Kathleen Bean New Member

Hello,
    I just realized I posted under the "wrong" I replied under the original request back in 2016, but meant it for you. Just to summarize, you have found family!! My husband John Bean is the son of Frederick Young Bean, who was the 3rd son of Frank Kirby Bean Sr. We are also looking for information on the family history and started in Ancestry.com with the DNA test. It's not been much help and we've run into the same brick wall. I'd love to connect and hope you are still active with this account. My husband and his two brothers all live in the Central Florida area and there's several "cousins" including my two children. Maybe we can compare notes. You mentioned that John Bean (of Frank K Bean Sr) was still alive?
    I'm looking forward to your response and reconnecting this branch of the Bean clan.

3. Kathleen Bean

Kathleen Bean New Member

Update on our family heritage for anyone who may still be investigating this thread. My husband has completed a YDNA test through Familytree and has confirmed the Bean family name and is descended from John Bean of Exeter New Hampshire. We have not been able to find anything further regarding Frank K Bean Sr.'s parentage, but I saw a couple of questions wondering if he was actually a "Bean" pondering if maybe the name came from a remarriage or adoption. We can at least say that, that's not the case.

Sis, Daft Bat and MollyMay like this.
  4. GrannyBarb

GrannyBarb Custodian of the Family Accounts

That makes us cousins! :) My Beans lived in New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Maine.
    Sadly, Joe Bean, who started this thread, passed away. Even though his sister, @KABCS , joined in, I don't know if we ever made any progress on the original query.

Half Hour likes this.
  5. Kathleen Bean

Kathleen Bean New Member

Barb,
    Thanks so much for reaching out. I have attempted to contact "KABCS" but since the message was so old, I haven't gotten any response. It's too bad, I think it would be really wonderful for her any my husband to connect since they are cousins. I'm working with a couple of "experts" on the Bean family line so hopefully we'll have a breakthrough soon.

GrannyBarb likes this.