1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BLOXAMS of Aylestone?

Discussion in 'Leicestershire' started by SonOfConvicts, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

Found what I assume to be the above on FS, however it comes up as William BLOXON and the date is 23rd September 1808. :rolleyes:

2. Sis

Sis Rootles out resources!

Sorry can't help, internet playing up!!!!!

3. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

I looked at as many of Rebecca's criminal records asI could find, but no mention of Mother or any other family. Forgot to press reply button yesterday.

Sis likes this.
  4. SonOfConvicts

SonOfConvicts New Member

Hi all. My 3xgt grandmother's name is recorded as Rebecca Bloxam in two newspaper accounts of the trial. Her mother is recorded as Ann Bloxham in the petition for clemency. Ann marked her name with an x. The petition was written and the mark witnessed by a Rev. Beresford. The church rector, the curate and three wardens also attested to the mother Ann's good character. That leads me to believe that Ann was well known in the community as was Rebecca before she left for Leicester. Rebecca named her daughters Amelia, Eliza, Jane and Rebecca and her two sons Henry Samuel and William Halwood or William Taylor. They are perhaps named after siblings.

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  5. SonOfConvicts

SonOfConvicts New Member

Hi again. My 3xgt grandmother's name is recorded as Rebecca Bloxam in two newspaper accounts of the trial. Her mother is recorded as Ann Bloxham in the petition for clemency. Ann marked her name with an x. The petition was written and the mark witnessed by a Rev. Beresford. The church rector, the curate and three wardens also attested to the mother Ann's good character. That leads me to believe that Ann was well known in the community as was Rebecca before she left for Leicester. Rebecca named her daughters Amelia, Eliza, Jane and Rebecca and her two sons Henry Samuel and William Halwood or William Taylor. They are perhaps named after siblings. Halward and Taylor were both VERY unusual names for boys born in the 1850s in cedar getting camps.