Books

Discussion in 'Unwanted but Not Unloved' started by mugwortismy cat, Jan 19, 2021.

1. mugwortismy cat

mugwortismy cat Tenacious to the End!

IMG_20210119_133503_hdr.jpg

Things I randomly acquired, any use to anyone?

Eve, Findem, LianeH and 4 others like this.
  2. mugwortismy cat

List, in case the photo is too blurry. It's a long shot they are either old or rather niche interest, but thought I would try.
    1. How to Trace your Family Tree in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales: the complete practical handbook for all detectives of family history, heritage and genealogy. Kathy CHATER 2008, Hermes House
    2. Archives and local history. F.G. EMMISON 1974, Phillimores
    3. The Fermor-Hesketh Family: A history. Jeremy MUSSON 2011 Privately Published
    4. The Beginner's Guide to Tracing Your Roots. Diane MARELLI 2007 How to Books
    5. Tracking Down Your Ancestors: discover the story behind your ancestors and bring family history to life. Dr Harry ALDER 2006 How to Books
    6. Tracking your Ancestors in the Public Record Office: New edition (4TH). Amanda BEVAN & Andrea DUNCAN 1990 HOW I
    7. Tracking your Family History on the Internet. Chris PATON 2011 Pen & Sword
    8. Discovering Past Landscapes. Michael REED (ed) 1984 Croom Helm
    9. Tracing your Shipbuilding Ancestors. Anthony BURTON 2010 Pen & Sword
    10. Making Sense of the Census: The Manuscript Returns for England and Wales, 1801-1901. Edward HIGGS 1991 HMSO
    11. Randwick and Roundabout. Evelyn POLLARD 1986 Alan Sutton
    12. Ancestral Trails: The complete guide to British Genealogy and family history. Mark D HERBER 1997 Sutton
    13. Nick Barratt's Guide to Your Ancestors' Lives. 2010 Pen & Sword
    14. Life in a Hampshire Village: The history of Ashley. Kate GILBERT 1992 Hampshire CD
    15. King's Coughton: A Warwickshire Hamlet. Edward SAVILLE 1973 Privately Printed
    16. A Handlist of Parish Register Transcripts in the Borthwick Institute of Historical Research. Norah K M GURNEY (comp.) 1976 University of York
    17. Congregations Members of Parliament in the Nineteenth Century. David W BEBBINGTON 2007 The United Reformed Church History Society/The Congrsgational History Society
    18. An Alphabetical Digest of Rusher's Banbury Directory to Trades and Occupations 1832-1906 (with CD). Jeremy GIBSON (ed) 2014 Banbury Historical Society

Ma-dotcom, Half Hour, LianeH and 2 others like this.
  3. mugwortismy cat

I think autocorrect turned a few Tracing into Tracking :headbang: Also #14 is published by Hampshire CC (County Council) not Hampshire CD :rolleyes: and in #17 I have typed Congregational incorrectly twice o_O

4. mugwortismy cat

Since my house move is imminent I am (sorry) disposing of most of these. No time to arrange something suitable, and everywhere is still closed anyway.

I will, however, hold on to the following:

3. The Fermor-Hesketh Family: A history. Jeremy MUSSON 2011 Privately Published
    9. Tracing your Shipbuilding Ancestors. Anthony BURTON 2010 Pen & Sword
    10. Making Sense of the Census: The Manuscript Returns for England and Wales, 1801-1901. Edward HIGGS 1991 HMSO
    11. Randwick and Roundabout. Evelyn POLLARD 1986 Alan Sutton
    14. Life in a Hampshire Village: The history of Ashley. Kate GILBERT 1992 Hampshire CD
    15. King's Coughton: A Warwickshire Hamlet. Edward SAVILLE 1973 Privately Printed

AnnB, Ma-dotcom, LianeH and 2 others like this.
  5. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

Glad you don't have to lose the lot Christel. ;)

mugwortismy cat likes this.
  6. mugwortismy cat

Have since had offers and the discarded books are saved 8(:-)

And someone has taken the Shipbuilders off my hands too

Eve, janetbooth, AnnB and 6 others like this.