1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Butcher/Provisioner/Bacon/Pork

Discussion in 'Agriculture' started by mrstucci, Nov 18, 2017.

1. mrstucci

mrstucci New Member

Hello! First time posting and I am not sure if this is the best forum to use for the occupation that my English and Irish ancestors were involved in or not. If there is a better forum please let me know.

On my dad's side of the family they were from Worcestershire and Warwickshire in England and Co. Waterford in Ireland. They were butchers in Warwickshire (Birmingham) and in Co. Waterford one ancestor had a joint business in the provisions/pork business. The names involved in these occupations were Wells, Nash and Gadsden.

The Nash family was predominantly in Dodderhill (Causeway Meadows Farm) and surrounding areas. The Wells (William and John) were from Rowington and then Birmingham. Gadsden was in Co. Waterford and in business with Joseph Nash. Time period was the mid 1700's to late 1800's. Many (including my line) went to America and Canada.

If anyone else has a family involved in this business I would love to hear from you!

HildaW, GrannyBarb and Daft Bat like this.
  2. Sandiep

Sandiep Well-Known Member

Havent any of this family, but I can tell you that you wont find a better site with people willing to help you look...............so welcome to Topdog as we call it and good luck C|:-)

3. mrstucci

mrstucci New Member

Thank you!!!

4. gillyflower

gillyflower Always caring about others

C|:-) Hello and welcome.

5. mrstucci

mrstucci New Member

Thank you!