Cable and Kettle

Discussion in 'Norfolk' started by annabel, Apr 5, 2021 at 10:38 AM.

1. annabel

annabel Puts the Heart into Hertfordshire

I'm trying to find the parents Robert George Cable born 1854 St Pancras and Thomas George/ James Cable born 1857 St Pancras

Why am I posting in Norfolk? Well I their parents were probably from there

RG11; Piece: 1376; Folio: 88; Page: 53
    1881 census: Robert Cabel b 1854 a gas fitter, his wife Hannah b 1858 Highgate, 2 children and his brother Thomas George Cable b 1857 a master builder, are living in Hornsey

When Robert married Hannah Lusher in 1876 in Islington, his father was Robert. His birth on GRO says mmn Kettell

1911 Census :132, Sub-registration District: Hornsey, ED, institution, or vessel: 19, Piece: 7211 Robert, a builder is with wife and 2 children (mmn Lusher) in Hornsey. B 1855 NK Norfolk

When Thomas George married Alice Bergh in Great Ilford, Essex in 1888 his father was Robert. His birth on GRO as Thomas James Cable says mmn Kettle

RG13; Piece: 1252; Folio: 98; Page: 6 1901 census Thomas Cable, Alice and their children (mmn Bergh) are living in Tottenham. He was born 1858 in Borough, Norfolk and was a carpenter

I cannot find a Robert Cable marrying Miss Kettle anywhere, can anyone find them?

2. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

OK. in 1861 There is a Robert Cable 1855 Mile End. Father Robert 27 Whitechapel Middlesex and mother Ann 26 Ratcliff Middlesex. There are other children, John and Richard. They are in Goulds Hill Stepney.
    1871 is Robert CABBLE 16 born Stepney father Robert born Whitechapel and mother Ann born Ratcliff. Other brothers are John, Richard, Henry, Frederick and James. All CABBLE They are living at Lavenden Cambridgeshire. Father is a labourer.
    Also I have a Robert Cable made an appearance in the Old Bailey before coming here for a short holiday.

Blackmogs likes this.
  3. annabel

:D:D

Thank you for looking. I think that they are the wrong family though, the children's mother seems to have been Ann Joy

Archie's Mum likes this.
  4. Blackmogs

Blackmogs Moderator. General Dogs(cats)body. Staff Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Archie's Mum likes this.
  5. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

Just a thought. Could she have been Ann Kettle who married Mr Joy?

6. annabel

If I have it right, they married as Robert Cavill and Ann Joy in 1854 in Stepney, neither having previously married

Archie's Mum likes this.