Can't find a Baptism

Discussion in 'Church Records' started by The Artful Dodger, Sep 26, 2018.

1. The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger Dodging, ducking and diving

Alfred Digby Fanning and his wife Ellen had 4 children. I have the baptisms for 3:
    Ellen Eva - 14 Oct. 1894 - occ. Clerk - Res. 167 Jamaica Road, Bermondsey
    Alfred Digby - 7 Feb. 1897 - occ. Commercial Traveller - Res. 7 Tranton[sic] Road, Bermondsey
    Margaret Jane - 1 Oct. 1899 - occ. Traveller - Res. 52 Palace Road, Norwood.

All 3 baptisms were at All Saints with St. Margaret, Upper Norwood.

In 1891 [prior to his marriage to Ellen Ackerman] A.D. lived with his parents @ 52 Palace Road and after 3 moves during the years after marriage, the family was back with his widowed Father in 1901 @ 52 Palace Court.

It seems logical for the 4th child - Reginald George [born 12 Jun. 1901] - to be baptized in the same Church as his siblings, but he is not there. I have seen the image of the baptism register from page 279 up to 300 [2 Jun.1901-7 Sep. 1902] and from page 1 up to 157 [7 Sep. 1902 - 11 Dec. 1912] without finding him. I don't know where else to look.

In 1911 census the family incl. the 4 children are now at 16 Palace Square, Upper Norwood.

I would also appreciate confirmation of the street address for Alfred Digby's baptism.

Thanks

2. Sandiep

Sandiep Successfully Supports Searches!

doesn't appear to be a baptism
    Arthur digby snr his baptism only give Norwood as address
    Arthur Digby b 1897 looks like 7 Trantree? road

Attached Files:

3. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

Try Reginald George Famning. Baptised 4/9/1901 Christ Church Penge, Surrey. Father Alfred Digby Famning. FS :D

4. Jellylegs

Jellylegs Well-Known Member

Family Search have his baptism as 4 September 1901 at Christ Church, Penge, Surrey. Parents have been transcribed as Alfred ...Igby Famning and Ellen Famning.

Have looked for parish registers for Penge (both on Ancestry and FMP), but cannot see any for Christ Church.

Oh blast - beaten again :(

5. The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger Dodging, ducking and diving

Thank you, both, ladies - very impressive!!!

Possibly neither has got around to transcribing these yet - at least not until they rake in a bit more loot.:p

As for the address I googled Trantree Street and struck out but then found a map of Bermondsey and there was TRANTON Road.