Charles Millard Portsea

Discussion in 'Hampshire' started by burt, Mar 30, 2016.

1. burt

burt Where there's a will there's a way!

This has beaten me for years.
    Sarah Millard was baptised to Charles and Ann Millard August 27 1780 Portsea.
    Cannot find a marriage of Charles and Ann Millard
    Cannot find a burial for either Charles Millard or Ann his wife that I can be happy
    with.
    Come on you super sleuths, show me up for for an idiot for not spotting the
    obvious.

Daft Bat likes this.
  2. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

For shame Burt, we are not here to shame anyone. We all have our duller moments when dealing with people of the past, especially when they don't always give the right answers in records.

Have you followed with any success your Sarah Millard in later years to have an area to search in?
    Was Charles possibly of a marine inclination?
    Is their marriage in another place altogether? ( or perhaps they forgot)

Was he perhaps born in Wiltshire to Charles & Betty in 1754. The only nearby marriage I see to an Ann is in Berkshire 1794 (Ann Smart)
    Maybe Ann was her 2nd name.

sorry to seem so helpless -I'll go to brekky now, that may help. Then I'll make doggie casserole & ponder your problem as I prep veggies.

3. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

Shame on Charles and Ann for not leaving crumbs. The least they could have done was leave a bit of a hint.
    I looked high and low yesterday. Nothing as far as I could see.
    Transportation? Last resort!

4. janetbooth

janetbooth Top Dog Stalwart

What happened to daughter Sarah, Burt? Charles & Ann MILLARD seem conspicuous by their absence in any other online records. They don't seem to have had any other children in Portsea, so could he perhaps have been in the Navy or Marine Service?

The only things I have found is a burial at Portsea in 1746 for a Charles MILLARD and a couple of non-conformist baptisms at Portsea Baptist Meeting House of children to a John & Martha MILLARD in 1763 & 1767 - there do not seem to be too many MILLARD records in Portsea.

Janet

Ma-dotcom likes this.