CHILE

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by Ma-dotcom, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

Does anyone have experience with family going to Chile? Another of my Devall Family sets has travelled there in 1923 [at last finding ] after the Husband/Father's death in Sth Africa 22 may 1919 [arrived 1916.] Will found via F. Search :) Wife 'Daisy May' sailed to NewYork on this date.

Not found any news of them after this trip to Chile.
    They had previously returned to UK in 1922 leaving from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

The only item near to Devall which I have found was on Family Search re the death of a babe. 'Jose Amador Moreno Duval'
    Code:
    Chile, registros de cementerios, 1821-2015," database with images, FamilySearch 
    father 'Moreno'

Seems to have Mother's name as surname after that of the Father. Is that usual?
    I'm happy that my kin wandered about a bit, as I did myself but they don't make it easy to stay on track with them. Edit: Evidently not my Lass at all.

Oh hey, a search I'd started before this post brings up their return trip FROM Sth. Africa in Mar. 1919. followed by a 'tree' which shows Eileen & her family as I have it plus her marriage to Antonio Enrique Robert Biaut & death -- 4 Nov 2006 - Viña del Mar, Valparaíso.
    plus that of her Mother 22 Feb 1981 • Viña del Mar, Valparaíso, República de Chile.

This is lovely but I would have liked to see images in a search for info.
    so, you ask- what am I still doing here? Well the query still exists, re finding info in Chile. If anyone can assist very happy I'll be. Thank you for reading this & remember what goodies can come up on this forum.
    8(:-)

2. Sis

Sis Rootles out resources!

Have you tried Ancestry Wendy? Having said that you will need a world sub and be able to speak or at least Spanish!

3. Sis

That should say 'or at least read Spanish'.

4. Ma-dotcom

I was there today Anne, in between weeding & other stuff which I have forgotten. Also FMP & Family search. [Hooray for F.S.]

Sis likes this.
  5. Sis

Couldn't find anything else Wendy.:(

6. Ma-dotcom

Thank you Anne, I didn't either until that 'tree appeared' no-one else on it. I've sent him a thank you for the info. he shared.

Sis likes this.
  7. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

Have you had a read of this guide on Family Search?
    Code:
    https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Chile_Genealogy

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  8. Ma-dotcom

Thank you Jan, I began to read but was taken by messages of a new cousin connect via F.B. rellies who came to Australia. Couldn't knock that back. Will continue to read tomorrow, dinner dishes not getting any cleaner while I dabble

Daft Bat likes this.
  9. Ma-dotcom

So far have found Baptism of Antonio Biaut but not getting any further. May have to refuel & try again later ;)

Daft Bat and Sis like this.