Christ Church Clifton, Bristol

Discussion in 'Gloucestershire' started by Amle, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Amle

Amle Well-Known Member

I have tried to check if it is possible to see the church records for 1925. My family were living in Clifton, Bristol around this time. Yesterday I went through a box of my aunt's old photographs and there was one of the inside of Christ Church, Clifton dated 1925 and in her hand writing. I started to wonder why she would have this among her family photos and then a shiver went up my spine. Her mother, my grandmother died in 1925. Now I know she was buried at Arnos Vale Cemetery, Bristol but I had never given a thought to where her funeral was held. I have tried looking to see if it is possible to see the records of 1925 but I can't fathom it out. It is only curiosity but if I was around that way, it is something I would like to do. Are there any knowledgeable Bristol people who can guide me. With thanks Elizabeth.

2. AnnB

AnnB Editor in Chief who is Hot off the Press!

Check out the catalogue entry for the Bristol Record Office at
    http://
    archives.bristol.gov.uk/Record.aspx?src=CalmView.Catalog&id=P.CC

Ann:)

3. Amle

Amle Well-Known Member

Thanks Ann I did check that but I was quite surprised that the records say up to 2004 It's a long way to go if that is not the case! I wondered if anyone could substantiate it. Is it unusual that recent records are available?

4. AnnB

AnnB Editor in Chief who is Hot off the Press!

Why not contact the Bristol Record Office and ask them? It does say that the records are "immediately available for research" :rolleyes:

Ann

Amle likes this.