Cornwall Electoral Registers

Discussion in 'British Electoral Rolls' started by The Artful Dodger, Apr 8, 2018.

1. The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger Dodging, ducking and diving

I would like some help as Ancestry has the records for the years 2003-2010 but no image is available.
    I have couple who married 4th q. 1954 in Kerrier, Cornwall. I have not found a death registration for either that looks likely and both could well still be alive - both were born 1933.
    I have only found [on Ancestry]her name listed - she is in Penzance [ source UK, Electoral Registers, 2003-2010] and the birth year 1933-1935. I would like to know who d was resident with her. I can provide her address to someone with access via a Private Message.

My reason for asking is to attempt to see whether or not they divorced as I have possible re-marriages for both in the 1970's - she in Kerrier, Cornwall in 1971 and he in Rochdale, Lancashire in 1977.

Thanks in advance

2. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

You may also be interested in reading this National Archives Research Guide about divorce.

The Artful Dodger and Bay Horse like this.
  3. The Artful Dodger

Thanks Jan. Not sure how good my checking with TNA research guide will be - possibly later today

I did make contact @patten-walsh who kindly found the necessary details for me. It looks very much like the couple did divorce.

4. The Artful Dodger

They had a daughter born in 1956

It looks very much like:
    She re-married in Kerrier, Cornwall 3rd q. 1971
    He re-married in Rochdale, Lancashire 4th q. 1977

If I read the guide correctly I won't find details of a divorce on-line

Daft Bat likes this.