Does anyone use an ipad

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Nightryder, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Nightryder

Nightryder Well-Known Member

Thank you Londoner, il try that app.

2. Nightryder

Nightryder Well-Known Member

Londoner, I couldn't find that app but according to an article on google you can save documents in iBooks, so I saved a page & not only is there an option to print,the page printed out without any problems.

3. wendymac

wendymac Well-Known Member

Sometimes if I accidentally press something without realising or press something too long it automatically creates a sort of folder on the desktop ( it will look like a box like all the other icons on your desktop but will have other little boxes in it or just that one) - only other thing I could suggest is to try and download it again :p

Nightryder likes this.
  4. Philb-c

Philb-c Well-Known Member

I have an iPad tablet and my wife has a Samsung Tablet (including the optional charging port problem).
    If I had my time again, whilst I like the iPad, I don't think it is worth the (considerable) extra money.
    However (credit where it's due), they did replace it when it died well out of the warranty period (but I still wouldn't buy another, purely on cost).

5. Figgs

Figgs Well-Known Member

Totally agree.....they are an atrocious price!! I have 2 Lenovo ones.....10" and 7" (the one my husband is afraid to use, lol). I managed to fix the 10" one (no explanation cuz it is rather techy), but had to get my tech to reset it when it froze open.....sure was getting warm!! It's 3+ years old btw. I will stick to android....and would love an iPhone, but ditto again on price.

6. Malcolm Webb

Malcolm Webb Well-Known Member

My wife has an iPad and I have a KindleFire HDX (3rd generation from 2013).
    My KindleFire does everything the iPad can do but in a more logical and straightforward fashion. Needless to say, I hate the iPad and just love my KindleFireHDX. UNFORTUNATELY, I could not replace my KindleFire if it finally gave up the ghost. The 3rd generation is the most advanced KindleFire Amazon have made and every new version since then has been a downgrade in some way on the previous version. I notice that the latest pop-up advert on my Kindle advertises "KindleFire for Kids"!! at about £79.

Apparently, when Amazon first made the KindleFire HDX it was sold at break-even to compete with the iPad and other tablets and to attract more people to use the Amazon apps and books and watch movies. But everyone could do that on their existing devices so, while the use of Amazon apps and movies increased, the take-up of the KindleFireHDX was poor and so it was dropped.

We do use Samsung phones -- much more reasonable price than iPhone.

All the best.

7. arthurk

arthurk Well-Known Member

My first try at tablet computing was with a Hudl, sold by Tesco (UK supermarket chain), and running Android. It was quite small, but an adequate cheap introduction.

When I decided to upgrade to something a bit bigger, I found that most Android tablets had a much lower screen resolution than an iPad, so things just didn't look as sharp or clear. I only found one Android tablet with a display close to the iPad's, but since it was the same price as an iPad and a relatively unknown make, and other family members were already on iPads, I decided to follow them - for now.

Being long-sighted (which will only get worse over time), I do need a clear display - though as I'm well past the point of being able to use a tablet without reading glasses, you could possibly argue that since I need to wear them anyway, I should be able to cope with a smaller screen or lower resolution just as well.

From having used both Android and iPad, my feeling is that the iPad has a more stable operating system, which may be upgradable for 4-5 years. However, the Android was a bit simpler to connect to a Windows PC and you could add extra memory with an SD card - but with mine, there were no more operating system upgrades after about 18 months. So while an Android could be cheaper at the outset, it may not last as long.

Now if only someone could invent a tablet that has the best features of both...

Nightryder likes this.