Dollar Churches

Discussion in 'Clackmannanshire' started by Guy, May 7, 2013.

1. Guy

Guy Whose knowledge is boundless. R.I.P.

There are some photos of churches (old and current) in the village of Dollar here
    http://
    anguline.co.uk/Dollar/Dollar Churches.htm

Some of these have now been converted to private houses.
    Cheers
    Guy

Ma-dotcom and Belinda like this.
  2. Belinda

Belinda Member

Thank you, reminds me of the family research in Dollar I need to continue. Visited Dollar in 2011, searched the graveyards for Scott, Johnstone, Tainsh and Kilgour. Took many photos of headstones of people with the same name (haven't found the connections yet) but unfortunately didn't find any final resting places for my direct ancestors. Happy to provide more information if there is a local from Dollar who has time to do a more comprehensive search of the local church grounds.

During my visit to the town I popped in and visited the local Historical Society who were very busy organising an event in the town for the following week. Wish I had more time, Dollar is a lovely little town, it would have been nice to explore more.

I have found a few interesting CD's and booklets on Dollar from "Parish Chest" and am waiting on delivery. Hopefully I can find some more details in them!

Chimp likes this.
  3. gillyflower

gillyflower Always caring about others

:) Many thanks