Dunsford family of Bradninch

Discussion in 'Devonshire' started by Peregrine, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Peregrine

Peregrine Well-Known Member

I am in the process of reviewing research done some time ago on the Dunsford family of Bradninch. My fourth great grandmother is an Elizabeth Ann Dunsford who married Joseph Wheaton on the 4 Aug 1800 at Otterton, Devon. I am having a great deal of trouble finding any records for Elizabeth and her ancestors. I am aware that the Dunsford name apparently originated at Bradninch and that I could contact an individual who has extensively studied the family, but I'd like to find what I can myself first.

At this stage I am hoping someone with findmypast access would be kind enough to look up an Emlyn/Emlin Dunsford for me: I can see a marriage at Bradninch in 1757 for an Emlin but I don't have a subscription. I think she is probably the Emlyn Dunsford in my tree supposedly born/baptised 31 May 1737 at Bradninch, daughter of James Dunsford and Jane Mortymer. Who did she marry and does the entry in findmypast list any parents?

Where else can I look for records for this part of Devon? Neither Familysearch nor Ancestry are being much help and very few of the trees online have any sources cited. Findmypast seems to have some but without a subscription that doesn't help me much.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

2. Chimp

Chimp Moderator & Cheeky Human IMP Staff Member

I'm afraid no parents mentioned.

John Pyle
    Emlin Dunsford
    Marriage date 21 Feb 1757, Bradninch, Devon
    Denomination Anglican

3. Peregrine

Peregrine Well-Known Member

Thanks so much.

Chimp likes this.