Electoral Registers in Essex.

Discussion in 'Essex' started by Ma-dotcom, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

So many of my Family members moved out of London areas to Essex. This latest one has a tease in that a child is listed with them-blacked out- so I cannot see who it may have been. Another dtr, is with her husband in the house preceding that of the parents in Elgin rd. Ilford.
    I have seen the image but would like to see the text to see if the 2nd child is mentioned. Not easy to find on Free BMD when you have Evans+Martin parents.
    These parents died in 1952 & 1953 respectively Seven Kings Ilford. Both left administration to dtr. mentioned below

I have noted the younger couple in 1963-64 at Ilford & that's probably when registers stop on Ancestry.

Is it possible to find people in the Ilford -Dagenham area before 1984?
    The young husband died in 1982 Redbridge, & his wife (nee Evans) in 1983 Dagenham. Both resided in Chadwell Heath, Romford.

2. AnnB

AnnB Editor in Chief who is Hot off the Press!

Ancestry have British Phone Books 1880-1984 which might help, but most entries only have initials, so it could be a bit hit and miss.

I know the area you are looking at very well. I lived in Ilford from the age of 3 months until I got married. I used to walk down Elgin road on numerous occasions as I had a friend who lived in a neighbouring road. After getting married, we lived in Chadwell Heath for 20 years and I passed through Seven Kings every day to and from work :)

Ma-dotcom and Sis like this.
  3. Sis

Sis Rootles out resources!

I've googled and there doesn't seem to be electoral registers available for the time frame. I could be wrong though.

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  4. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

Thank you both, AnnB, you may well have known these people even tho' senior to you. I think phone books would not give names of children, one of whom married in Ilford 1960 & the other possibly in Redbridge 1977.
    I shall just have to wait for contacts to ask for confirmation & Information on the mystery 2nd child of Evans/Martin.

AnnB and Sis like this.