Essex loose ends

Discussion in 'Essex' started by Adam McGregor, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Adam McGregor

Adam McGregor Active Member

Hello,

I’ve been going through my Essex research, and found a few loose ends I never got round to typing up.

I’m looking for:

A marriage for Christopher and Mary Pates; Christopher was christened in Wimbish in 1639/40, and were christening children there in the 1660s

Baptism for Mary Andrews, possibly in Wimbish, who had an illegitimate daughter, Isabella, christened there in 1757

Baptism for John Gray, possibly in Great Sampford, who was christening children there in the 1740s

Marriage for John and Alice Halls, who were christening children in Radwinter in the 1690s

Baptism for William Mansfield, who married Ann Butcher in Wimbish in 1701

Baptism for Richard Porter, who married Mary Pates in Wimbish in 1689

Marriage for John and Elizabeth Starr, who were christening children in Great Sampford in 1690s

Marriage for Richard and Margaret Townsend, who christened children in Great Sampford as early as 1730

If anyone could help me with any of these, I’d greatly appreciate it!

Adam

2. Brentor boy

Brentor boy Well-Known Member

A shot in the dark.
    From Free Reg. William Mansfeild (sic). Bapt.16 Aug 1663. Thaxted. St John the Baptist. Parents Thomas and Susan. (Thaxted- Wimbush. 4.7 miles)
    Richard Porter. Baptised 19 Mar 1664/5. Thaxted. St John the Baptist. Parents Richard and Ann(e)

3. janetbooth

janetbooth Top Dog Stalwart

Two possibilities for the baptism of Mary ANDREWS via Ancestry's Essex baptismal transcripts:

30 September 1728 at Saffron Walden Mary daughter of Willm & Sarah ANDREWS
    6 June 1731 at Hempstead Mary daughter of Tom & Elizabeth ANDREWS

23 July 1720 at Great Sampford Johannes son of Johannis GREY & Sara

Janet