EYET - PICKERING

Discussion in 'Northamptonshire' started by Angela Reed, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Angela Reed

Angela Reed New Member

I am researching the above family who lived in the Kettering area. I have found a death record for Edward Eyet who was born in about 1766 and would like to know if it is possible to find a birth/baptism record for him. I have searched Ancestry.com, FindmyPast, FamilySearch.org and FreeReg but to no avail. I would appreciate any assistance please.

GrannyBarb likes this.
  2. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

Hello Angela - welcome to the forum. :)

Have you contacted the Northamptonshire Family History Society at all? I see from their members interests list that there is one who is researching the name of ETTE. This is not a million miles away from EYET and, with the Northamptonshire accent, either could sound the same. Spelling was very hit and miss back in the 1700s and people recorded what they heard.

Anyway, just a thought. :)

3. gillyflower

gillyflower Always caring about others

Parish records can be very hard to find. Like DB says spellings may have changed over the years, pages may be missing or totally unreadable. These records started in 1538 - but doesn't always follow that they were all recorded. I see you cannot visit the records office/archives - Why not google I am sure you will get a web address and can send a query. I wish you luck I suspect you may need it!

4. janetbooth

janetbooth Top Dog Stalwart

Northamptonshire Baptismal Index 1751-1812 have a baptism at Kettering on 11 March 1766 of an Edward son of Edward & Lydia EYET - perhaps a possibility. Father Edward EYET married Lydia EVERARD at Kettering on 27 December 1763, both of the parish and Edward is shown as a Shoemaker. There is a burial on 25 May 1788 for Edward EYET followed by the burial of Lydia EYET is at Kettering on 6 July 1790, widow of Edward.

Janet

Ma-dotcom and Daft Bat like this.