Face masks Australia.

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Findem, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

Just a word of warning to anyone who might be thinking of buying a Face Mask online.

I ordered one from Melbourne Masks co. and received a receipt on 14 July, I paid via Papal.

I messaged them via their contact facility asking what the hold up is, no reply received.
    A few days ago I put a comment on their Facebook advert, no reply, .

Today I saw on their Facebook page a new comment , someone wrote words to the effect that she had ordered one, I replied to her post "don't hold your breath, ordered mine 14 July still waiting"

Just had another look on Facebook, can't even find my post,:)

2. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

Not sure who he went with but Son had no prolems with masks online. first lot were the usual 'look like hospital stuff,' others were his personal choice.

Findem likes this.
  3. Bay Horse

Bay Horse Can be a bit of a dark horse

I've had mixed success buying online, Derek, to date. One order didn't materialise. Hope you get yours soon.

Another problem here is that postal services are disrupted and patchy owing to self-isolations. I haven't seen a postman for nearly a week.

Findem likes this.
  4. Nightryder

Nightryder Well-Known Member

Derek, I ordered mine from ebay,cloth mask with "breathing valve" and 10 disposable filters,free postage and less than $10, the valve makes a massive difference my glasses don't fog up.

5. Ma-dotcom

A 'care' lady told me on Monday that they were advised to put a drop of dish detergent on their lenses to avoid 'fogging up'. She said it works but I haven't tried it, only have sunnies on when masked. I guess the idea is to rub off the detergent,..she didn't say. ;)

Findem likes this.
  6. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

I've just had a fruitless time contacting PayPal service, I had earlier today sent a reply to the Paypal service email address that is shown in the 'PayPal receipt' and it came back "undeliverable".

Additionally, I found a post on the supposedly Melbourne Mask co. web page from a lady who had contacted the genuine Melbourne Mask co. and was told the the site in question is not theirs.

Looks like I've been had for the very first time. Bother!

7. Ma-dotcom

:( :mad:
    I'll ask my Lad who he had contact with when he gets back from Pharmacy.

Findem likes this.
  8. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

OK thanks.

Having trouble at the moment with PayPal, I log into "My account and up comes a message requesting I "add mobile number" which I do, only to get a message claiming it is an "invalid number", which I know d**n well it isn't. And to make matters worse I can't get past that page. :headbang: :mad:

9. Ma-dotcom

Our Son is back & has sent me a few links the first is a very reputable company-or was-& he thinks is the cheapest.
    The 2nd is a shaped black one & the 3rd- Son is not sure if still operating due to bein in covid areas, iether Melbourne ofr Sydney, he wasn't sure which.
    I'll send the links via p.m. so as not to violate forum rules.

I read yesterday that a local company-Australia - had lost it's contract when the buyer went o'seas of somewhere cheaper. :( This after they had bought several new machines to expand output.

Findem likes this.
  10. Ma-dotcom

One more for you Derek, look up Kangaroo Jack on Face Book, & add the item we were discussing. ;)

I hope I haven't crossed the line here.

Findem likes this.
  11. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

Had an email from "Tim, customer service" apologizing for the delay in sending the mask which is due to an influx of orders from Sydney.

Not sure if it is genuine or in response to my post on the website stating if I hadn't had any action by the end of the week I would be contacting Paypal, I'll mark time for another week before I contact Paypal.

Still suspicious though, if they are having an influx they want to get their skates on and get orders they already have out.

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  12. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

Had an email yesterday from that company stating the mask has been dispatched. :)

Bay Horse, Genie1, MollyMay and 2 others like this.