Frank Alexander Parsons b 1852 and his parents

Discussion in 'London' started by annabel, Jan 30, 2021.

1. annabel

annabel Puts the Heart into Hertfordshire

I have Frank marrying Ellen Maud w Williams in 1878 in Lewisham
    In 1991 1901 and 1911 they are living in Camberwell with their children, and he is a dairyman/ cow keeper,
    RG13; Piece: 513; Folio: 25; Page: 6

He was born in Shoreditch, mmn Lock according to the GRO

The only likely other possible record I can see is in 1861 when a Frank Parson b Bethnal Green is with dad Frank b 1814 Bethnal Green who is a dairyman, his mother Sophia b 1823 Bethnal Green and some siblings, but I haven't found anything that actually says this the right family

If it is him, the problem is that this is the only sighting of Frank sr, there are some of an Ebeneezer with a Sophia but he is a tailor! It is possible something has been mixed up in trees.

I wonder if anyone can find out who his parents, and especially his mother, really were. Thank you

2. Murfomurf

Murfomurf Well-Known Member

Is it DEFINITELY Frank ALEXANDER Parsons you want info on or was he perhaps plain Frank or Francis Parsons? I have a Frank A Parsons who dies at Isleworth, Reg. Brentford 1921 from FreeBMD. Does that ring true?

3. Murfomurf

If this is your relative, then their father was BORN Ebenezer Isaiah Parsons but used FRANK on the Census, probably because noone could spell his real name! Here is Ebenezer/Frank's marriage from FreeBMD:
    Marriages Jun 1847 [married at the Church of St James the Less]
    Lock Sophia Elizabeth Bethnal Green 2 15
    Parsons Ebenezer Isaiah Bethnal Green 2 15

There are baptisms available for Ebenezer, most of his children, plus Frank Alexander's children.

4. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

Who are the other children in 1861?
    Ebeneezer and Sophia Locke married in June 1847 at Bethnal Green.
    They baptised Richard Baxter Parsons 1 Feb 1852 at St Leonards Shoreditch but he was born in 1847.
    E S Parsons, beer seller, is on the 1851 with wife S E Parsons, son R B Parsons and Charlotte E P Parsons at Saint Clement Danes, Middlesex.
    Strangely I can find no death for an Ebeneezer......yes, he died in 1884 Camberwell
    Could be William Parsons, baptised 29 Feb 1852 Shoreditch is Frank jnr?
    Ebeneezer Isaiah Parsons was baptised 26 May 1816 to James Parsons and Sarah, Southwark.
    My guess is a marriage in Southwark of James Parsons and Sarah Medgley 10 June 1810

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  5. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

1871 Frank Parsons, 18 birthplace Hackney 1853 with Sophia, Elizabeth 11, Louisa 8 and BINGO a sister named Lottie 20 born Shoreditch (Charlotte???? post #4) He is a cow keeper living at Stratford West Ham Essex. Brother William is also there and a cowkeeper, Sophia is married so I have no idea where Frank aka Ebeneezer is.
    Ah yes! 55 year old Frank Parsons born 1816 is stating he is widowed a labourer born Bethnal Green and is lodging in Hackney Road, Bethnal Green, GBC/1871/0474/0107. It looks like a lodging house.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Murfomurf likes this.
  6. Murfomurf

1871: Old Frank = Ebenezer is in a men's lodging house, perhaps an informal asylum at Hackney Rd, Nichol Row with stacks of other men as Frank Parsons aged 55.
    1871 England Census; Class: RG10; Piece: 474; Folio: 52; Page: 50; GSU roll: 823368

7. Murfomurf

Sorry- had not refreshed often enough to see this before posting my bit!

8. annabel

annabel Puts the Heart into Hertfordshire

Thanks everyone, I am sure it was Frank Alexander Parsons family I wanted. I hadn't found the 1871 censuses, they just about clinch it that it's the same people don't they? What a strange thing to change from Ebeneezer to Frank