Frankfurt am Main genealogists or friendly helpful citizen

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Belinda, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Belinda

Belinda Member

Hi,

I have a few records I would like to get copies from the Institute of City History Frankfurt am Main (http://www.ifaust.de/isg/dok_start.fau?prj=ifs&dm=isg) such as death, guardianship and estate records. However, there is no digital access to these records only a visit to the reading room in Frankfurt. I have emailed them in the past and asked for an alternative way to gain copies and was told some of these records are up to 200 pages long and that they don't have any genealogists on hand who could help. Since then, I got a bit side tracked (as you do in this type of research!) but today, I am revisiting this branch so I have re-emailed again to see if anything has changed over the past few years (fingers crossed!).

My question to you, can anyone recommend a good genealogist in Frankfurt am Main or is there someone out there that could possible help? I don't expect someone to go in and photocopy a 200 page record...I'll start with the smaller ones first ;)

Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Belinda

2. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

Have you contacted the Anglo-German FHS to see if they know of anyone who might be able to help?
    http://www.
    agfhs.org/site/index.php

3. Belinda

Belinda Member

No not yet, I was on their website today and was trying to become a member but the link kept sending me to another website to pay but there was no link on that website to add the registration fee to the shopping cart. Maybe I'm missing something so thought in the meantime till I can become a member, I'd try out the forums first.
    Thanks for the suggestion though.

Daft Bat likes this.
  4. Belinda

Belinda Member

Rightio, I worked out the system and am now an official member :)

(plus of course I found something else to buy on the other website...gee, I wish money grew on trees!!)

Daft Bat likes this.
  5. Belinda

Belinda Member

Love when you purchase a download and its available instantly...

Excited!!...I'm off on a division now (not sure if this is good or bad)

Findem, Daft Bat and Mealymoo like this.