Geoffrey Edward Burton

Discussion in 'Norfolk' started by Kathryn Burton, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Kathryn Burton

Kathryn Burton New Member

I have a tip that Geoffrey Edward and Marion Allen may have been married in North Walsingham, Norfolk UK in 1869 but i cannot find a record. Geoffrey Edward was born in about 1850. His occupation was journalist and there may have been a connection to Wide World Magazine. One of the TOP DOG members found a Wide World article by Edward Burton (1908) so he may have gone by the name Edward although this could also be a brother? I think this is a likely scenario as they would have been travelling the world and hence the lack of records in Australia and the UK.

They had a son, William Albert Burton that was born in about 1888, supposedly in Neutral Bay in Sydney but i suspect he was born overseas as there is no record of his birth in Australia or the UK.

Does anyone know of any Burton family trees in North Walsingham?

2. arthurk

arthurk Well-Known Member

I haven't found the marriage for you, but there may be a bit of confusion over place names.

There's a town called North Walsham, between Norwich and Cromer. (Also a much smaller village called South Walsham, to the east of Norwich.)

Then in north Norfolk, a few miles north of Fakenham, there are the adjacent villages of Great and Little Walsingham.

I'm not sure which will be the correct one here.