George Innes

Discussion in 'Empire & Commonwealth' started by Amle, Feb 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Figgs

Figgs Well-Known Member

I was looking at my PEI group and bam, the answer to my brain fog was there! We don’t have paper certificates!! We have registry or record books where everything is written down!! I thought I was losing it because I couldn’t remember how to order a certificate..... that is more of a British thing. We just don’t have them for that time period. And for PEI, where my Scottish ancestors landed, we have unique records like card indexes for every baptism on the island. Phew....thought I was losing it! :D :D

2. Amle

Amle Well-Known Member

Heather never mind us, look after yourself and your family. I am hoping all works out well for you both. Keep us posted. Meanwhile lots of love for now Elizabeth

Figgs, Sandiep and Ma-dotcom like this.
  3. Half Hour

Half Hour Well-Known Member

Sorry..I've been rather tied up lately...My ind isn't getting around this right now!

Amle likes this.
  4. Figgs

Figgs Well-Known Member

Phew! Glad it was not just me, Sue. I couldn’t either! Maybe it’s because we use registers or archive records...not certificates like the UK. I do have some family certificates, but they are from the church & my dad was the one who provided them. He was the “master genealogist” and I benefitted from that!

Take care and stay warm...had to go to Sunnybrook today and the weather was pretty cold but sunny. Spent from 11am to 5pm for a 20 minute appt and paid $20 to park there! :eek:

Amle likes this.