Great Uncle Les

Discussion in 'General Family History Queries' started by Elsiesgirl, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Elsiesgirl

Elsiesgirl Well-Known Member

Thank you, I've found it. It lets me find one person free but not the full record. It's useful to know about. I might check out the library, but in the past have not found local ones helpful with my FH. They only have Derbyshire records and as I have no Derbyshire relatives or ancestors it's no use to me. I have checked out records for someone else a while ago. Since then my eyes have worsened so I've found the internet easier to use at home. I could buy pay as you go credits for Find My Past

2. MollyMay

MollyMay Knows where to find the answers!

That can work out very costly, a short sub would probably be more cost effective, I do not think (and I could be wrong) that their free one month trial includes the 1939 reg. It might be worth having a look at their site to see what options are available, but do check the library too as many do have free access.

3. Sis

Sis Rootles out resources!

Eve and Chimp like this.
  4. Elsiesgirl

I might do that, thank you

5. Sis

Sis Rootles out resources!

I've got a one month World sub and it doesn't include the 1939 Register!:rolleyes:

MollyMay likes this.
  6. patten-walsh

patten-walsh Well-Known Member

Looks like Leslie married an Annie Scott in 1934 Sculcoates 4th quarter 9d 455.
    They are together on the 1939 register in Kingston-upon-Hull area.
    Leslie's birth date given as 7 Sep 1911 and Annie as 3 Dec 1911

Ma-dotcom, Elsiesgirl and MollyMay like this.
  7. Elsiesgirl

That is Leslie's date of birth. Thank you so much. I have looked for both of Les's marriages in the past but there are a lot of Leslie Johnsons in Hull. I can see there is a lot of merit of having access to the 1939 register to locate people in the 20th century.

8. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

Always remember people did & do lie. Also again recording only due to those who knew-or thought they did- the deceased.

Elsiesgirl and Sis like this.
  9. Elsiesgirl

I've recieved that death certificate now and it definitely rules out that Doris, her maiden name was Thompson and she married Alfred Johnson. Back to the drawing board

Sis likes this.
  10. Elsiesgirl

Well, I've got Great Uncle Les's birth certificate. He was born in Fraserburgh. I don't know what Bell was doing there, unless she was working right till the last minute. Harry was domiciled in Eyemouth which was where Bell came from. When Bell gave birth to 3 other of her children she was living at a different address to Harry. They were all born in Hull though she gave her address as Scarborough. Harry's address was Hull all 3 times

MollyMay, Chimp and Sis like this.