Happy New Year - Some general reminders

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by oman, Jan 2, 2017.

1. oman

oman Administrator Staff Member

opengraphtest.png

Hi Everyone!,

Happy new year! I hope everyone has a successful and happy one.

Here are some general things we would like you to read and take further action if required. :)

Emails

Please ensure we have your most up to date email under your account. This helps for if we need to send out site related communications, and will ensure you are getting email alerts if you have them turned on. Most importantly, if you forget your password, you will be able to initiate a password reset.

Please take two minutes to head to this page on the site and update your email: Contact Details - Note that to change the email address you will need to enter your current password, and may need to confirm your email by checking your inbox.

Passwords

With the new year, it's a good time to review how you approach setting your passwords for online accounts anywhere, not just on this site.

While it is a convenience to have the same password for all your accounts, it certainly becomes an inconvenience if one of your accounts were to become compromised. We suggest you set a unique password, per account you use online. That way, if you follow this basic principle - and something bad were to happen - you would only need to take action with one account as all your other accounts would have different passwords and you maximise control of your personal information.

Yes - you might be thinking - "I don't want to have to remember 50 passwords". Well, this is what password managers are for :). Password managers help you put all your passwords in the one place securely for readily available access. A list of available options can be found in this article:

Code:
    http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2016/09/five-best-password-managers-2/
    So with that said, we would encourage you to update your password - new year, new password. Make it different to your current password, and something different from all your other accounts. Include lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers and maybe even some special characters like $!)@(#*$&@*!(.

You can change your password here: Password

--

Please let me know if you have any questions about what I've mentioned above. :)

2. Sis

Sis Rootles out resources!

Thanks Oman. Happy New Year.