Help deciphering Baptism entry

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by mugwortismy cat, Aug 9, 2013.

1. mugwortismy cat

mugwortismy cat Tenacious to the End!

Thought you might all like to know there is a baptism in 1900, the father is a taxidermist ...

In the 1880s there were suddenly lots of occupations to do with the hunt and the Sydling Hounds (a dissolute Lord of the Manor wasting his inheritance?!)

My favourite occupation though was Navigator, I like to imagine circumnavigating the globe, but probably just the coastal trade. I may look into it though ...

2. Michelle Bennett

Michelle Bennett New Member

Hi I'm very new this being my very first forum. I have over the last 5 years on/off looked into my family history and happen to be the lineage of general nott and yes it is correct that from my research that sir general wiliam nott who has a statue commissioned for him in Carmarthen and a street named after him, nott square was married twice his 2nd wife being rosa Wilson nott.
    After his death rosa married thomas twinsden hodges who was a liberal democrat and in financial trouble. It appears sir general william nott was granted a pension by the East India company which Imagine was a relief to twisden family.

Ma-dotcom and mugwortismy cat like this.
  3. mugwortismy cat

mugwortismy cat Tenacious to the End!

Hi Michelle, welcome to the forum C|:-), this was my first forum too - you'll soon get the hang of it, everyone is friendly and very helpful:)

Thanks very much for your insights into the Notts and Twisden Hodges, it is always nice to put a bit more flesh on the bones

4. Michelle Bennett

Michelle Bennett New Member

Thank you for your warm welcome and reply. I feel very excited and fortunate to have found this forum.

Chimp, mugwortismy cat and Daft Bat like this.