Hurry up and wait

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by GrannyBarb, May 12, 2019.

1. Half Hour

Half Hour Well-Known Member

Yes, I was referring to you..glad you haven't had to send them any money. So frustrating for those of us over the ocean when they have limited areas that they will send stuff to.

GrannyBarb likes this.
  2. GrannyBarb

GrannyBarb Custodian of the Family Accounts

Progress! I still haven't contacted the NLS about that book. We've had some family drama and missed housework that needed doing. I'm almost caught up (but never totally done - just like genie research)! ;)

So last nite, it occurred to me to see if there was another copy of the book available online. Um, yup - on foreign language pay sites. :headbang: After some more searching and following links, I came across ANOTHER BOOK, co-authored by my Alexander Stewart with his brother, John Stewart! Got a pdf download! It's published in 1817, and is mostly poems by John about Waterloo and similar topics. In the back he added some "letter to the editor" style writings by Alex, who is deceased. After that is a one-page mini-bio of Alex that is short on specific dates and places, but gives some clues. It seems the book was sold by subscription, and that page was a teaser for a new edition with a complete bio. :sceptical:

I've got some new digging to do. Trying not to go crazy with my Scotlands People credits. I may ask for help once I've got some of these new hints sorted.

There goes any housework for a few days! :reading:

3. Dogsday

Dogsday Well-Known Member

Good Luck :)

GrannyBarb likes this.
  4. Sis

Sis Rootles out resources!

Onward and upwards! :)

GrannyBarb likes this.