I'm back as well

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Archie's Mum, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

Just blew in from the West. West Australia that is. A lovely place. Made friends with a Quokka or two, went to where the Indian Ocean meets the Southern Ocean, purchased some wonderful Margaret River Tawny Liqueur (cant call it Port anymore, what's the world coming to) crossed the Nullarbor (1600 kilometres of salt bush) and the longest straight stretch of rail line, anywhere in the world. Nullarbor is Latin for no trees, and there isn't. Just small trees every so often that look like camels in the distance. We made that mistake more than once. Some lovely spring wildflowers but not quite the peak season yet. Had a very bumpy ferry ride over to Rottnest Island and had a custard doughnut stolen by a vicious seagull. I was enjoying that doughnut.:mad:
    All in all a lovely 2 weeks but we are really in need of some home cooking and our own bed. One that doesn't rock from side to side and a bit wider than an ironing board.

2. Bay Horse

Bay Horse Can be a bit of a dark horse

Gulls have no morals.

It sounds as though you had a lovely time. And I agree about the port thing, although I do like a good tawny.

Welcome home, safe and sound.

Archie's Mum likes this.
  3. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

WElcome back, soounds like you both survived the Ghan & had a memorable trip to boot. We didn't make it to Margaret River Wines [he doesnt drink wine] Just home in time for spring in your new garden eh?

Archie's Mum likes this.
  4. Half Hour

Half Hour Well-Known Member

So happy you had a great trip, Sue! Much needed I am sure, but always so nice to get home to your own bed..

Archie's Mum likes this.
  5. LianeH

LianeH Well-Known Member

So pleased you both had a wo derful trip, a much needed break and some port to boot (hubby likes port...and whisky and cider;):rolleyes:). Nothing quite like getting back to your own bed, relax and enjoy the memories. Good to have you back though, you've been missed

Archie's Mum likes this.
  6. The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger Dodging, ducking and diving

Welcome back, Sue and Lawrie. Glad you had a great time and now you can look forward to Spring. Personally, I'm not at my best at the moment:(, but I think I'm in a better place than the England cricket team:eek::eek:.

Some more years to wait for another crack at that urn - wonder if I'll still be around:p!!

I know, must think positively:sceptical:

Archie's Mum and Doug like this.
  7. Archie's Mum

The Indian Pacific.....same train. They rip the badges off the carriages and change them around...Ghan or Indian Pacific depending where they are needed. South to North or East to West.
    We received, compliments of Virgin Australia on our way over, a wonderful chest bug that we have been carrying around for 2 weeks. I’m sure you all know, squashed together in a tin can breathing every else’s breath. Just have to watch hubbies temperature but I’m sure we will get better now we are able to rest up. Now have to go over to Bathurst to pick up the boy from his doggie resort today then we will be back to normal.

AnnB, Daft Bat, Chimp and 2 others like this.
  8. Archie's Mum

You know Lawrie, rubbing his hands together in glee about the cricket :p

LianeH and The Artful Dodger like this.