I'm back

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Findem, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

from my week in Bali.
    Great to get away from the cold and winds to a nice warm sunny place, had a great time but the end was a shambles. We arrived at Denpessar airport to be told that like planes for other Aussie destinations ours had a three hour delay, then having joined a long snaking queue at the Jetstar booking in stations after a while the airport's computer system crashed. Finally when we booked in each person was handed a 100,000 Rupiah (approx Aus $10.00) voucher to spend in the airport.

To cap matters I came back with a souvenir of Bali,. a stinking cold, having said that I really enjoyed to break, we were lucky enough to rent the same apartment that we had last year and I even has the same bedroom.

If anyone goes to Bali do not buy a Flat White Coffee from the Ossotel in Legian, I did and it was horrible, little better than drinking warm milk, ugh, the close by Cafe/bars Mugshots, Borough and One-O all serve a very nice Flat White.

I was very pleased with the way my legs behaved, I was somewhat apprehensive how they would standup. On Wednesday we booked a car and driver to take us to three places, the first was a beach for lunch, when we got there I was horrified at the steepness and quantity of steps, anyway after lunch and a paddle I made it back to the top without help or a stop so I was chuffed.

Next we went to a place called the GWK Cultural Park, loads of steps and the last part is quite a longish uphill walk, the uphill walk can be avoided by riding up (and back) in a vehicle, very modestly priced ride. Eventually one comes to a massive high statue with a hall underneath, there is a lift to the top but we didn't bother.

Currently there's not much culture stuff there but it is obviously work in progress

I managed to walk from start to finish no stop or ride so I suspect most people can do it one way or another.

Later we went to another beach for Sunset Dinner on the Beach, this time a long downhill walk, quite a beautiful sunset too.

Had a great time but great to be home.

wendymac, Doug, Ma-dotcom and 9 others like this.
  2. Bay Horse

Bay Horse Can be a bit of a dark horse

Sounds as though you had a wonderful time, Derek. :)

Findem likes this.
  3. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

Welcome home! Glad that the trip was a success.
    {-(^^)-}

Findem likes this.
  4. Sis

Sis Rootles out resources!

Pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your break Derek.:)

Findem likes this.
  5. AnnB

AnnB Editor in Chief who is Hot off the Press!

'There's no place like home' :D
    Welcome back Derek, so pleased you had a great time.

Findem likes this.
  6. Half Hour

Half Hour Well-Known Member

Good to hear that you had a good time, all being considered! Wow! A whole $10.00...could you buy a whole pack of gum in the airport with that? :D Frustrating having to wait when things are delayed. You certainly got your exercise from the sound of things. How's the arm feeling?

Findem likes this.
  7. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

Sounds like a goodish trip Derek, & what lovely strong legs you have. The standing about at the airport would have done me in.
    Now you can put your feet up to relax & let things mend. :)

Findem and Half Hour like this.
  8. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

Happy that you had a lovely time.

Findem likes this.
  9. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

Getting quite good thanks, I can do most things I want with it but I'll be glad when it's 100%, or near !00%, going to see how I go with hanging out my washing tomorrow, I have a plan B & C. :D

Chimp, Ma-dotcom, Half Hour and 2 others like this.
  10. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

Sure did, discovered Bali Cider, a very nice cold drink, unfortunately not all Bali restaurants have it, even if it wasn't on the menu I still asked if they had it, I was working on the principle if enough people ask for it they might think to put it on their drinks menu.

11. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

That "stinking cold" turned out to be Bronchitis, went to see my doctor on Tuesday and received the good news :rolleyes: I'm on antibiotics so hopefully it will clear up soon.

12. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

Believe me I didn't stand around too long, my daughter offered the use of her suitcase as a seat but I spotted a foot rail against a nearby wall, so I left the queue and went over a squatted, not the most comfortable seat but better than standing in one spot for a long time, my back doesn't like that. :D

Ma-dotcom, Half Hour and Daft Bat like this.
  13. LianeH

LianeH Well-Known Member

You have been in the wars Derek. Hope the antibiotics kick in soon and you are feeling better. Glad you had a nice time in Bali