Jane Bradley nee Neill

Discussion in 'County Waterford' started by Pennym, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Pennym

Pennym New Member

hello everyone - I’m hoping someone on this forum maybe able to point me in the right direction. What we know -
    Jane Neill married James Bradley circa 1850 in Waterford, Ireland (not confirmed). We have confirmed the birth of one daughter, Eleanor (also known as Ellen). Eleanor married a William Moore. William died in Belfast in 1868 (confirmed with death certificate). We are trying to find OUR Jane Neill...... there seems to be a lot of Jane Neill’s :( . One of my relatives located a funeral notice for said Jane Neill. I’m not convinced tho - wouldn’t the notice be for Jane Bradley? As you would know the costs of searching records can mount up and I want to be sure of who, what, where for my searches. I’ve tried a few times contacting PRONI without success - understandably it’s quite a task to search when I don’t have a definite date of birth, nor can I confirm who her parents were. Can anyone point me in the right direction? In the meantime, happy Australia Day and please stay safe wherever you may be in the world. Cheers pennym

2. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

Hi @Pennym :)

Were they Catholic by any chance? If so, the Catholic registers could be searched. Although free online, they do take some ploughing through.... o_O

3. Sandiep

Sandiep Successfully Supports Searches!

Little confused is Eleanor janes daughter or sister i have Eleanor/ ellen as marrying1850 to william moore in Belfast

4. Pennym

Pennym New Member

That’s another issue - I don’t know. I thought if I could find out where she was born and what year - I just don’t know where to look/start. Thank you tho.

Daft Bat likes this.
  5. Sandiep

There is ajane Neill married to a thomas Bradley 1850 belfast

6. Pennym

Pennym New Member

Yes, I have that record. Ellen is Eleanor’s daughter - we have that record. Eleanor has also been noted as Ellen - just to confuse the matter. We have Ellen Moore nee Bradley’s death Certificate (she died in Melbourne), so we have limited info from that, but where to from there when we can’t confirm place, parents or DOB. I did consider sending the certificates that I have to proni and see if anything comes of that enquiry. Thanks for responding.

7. Pennym

Pennym New Member

Yes, I have that “note”. I’ve requested info from that note so x fingers.

8. Sandiep

Looks like we both have same ideas it's unfortunately one of those names aplenty

9. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

Hello Pennym, welcome in. Have you found the 'Moores' in travel records- arrival year etc? Did they happen to bring Eleanor/Ellen the nmother woth them or came as just a couple?

10. Murfomurf

Murfomurf Well-Known Member

Had you used different spellings of Neill or do those Irish websites automatically fill them with alternatives like FamilySearch does? If you really want to try them, I would use Neal(l), Neild, Nield, O'Neill etc. I HATE Irish records! LOL

Also, on Wikitree someone has a Jane Neill from Ireland who has no history after her birth- might she be relevant??
    "Jane Neill
    Born about 1835 in Tirmadown, County Monaghan, Ireland[​IMG]
    ANCESTORS [​IMG]
    Daughter of Robert Neill and Sarah (Unknown) Neill
    Sister of William Neill, Martha Neill, Eleanor (Neill) Morrow [half], Robert Neill [half], Elizabeth (Neill) Miller, James Neill and Frances (Neil) Alexander [half]"

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021