Jane Britton Thompson 1818 Newcastle - 1901 Shoreditch (Is she my 4th Great Grandmother?)

Discussion in 'General Family History Queries' started by Nick Saunders, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Nick Saunders

Nick Saunders Member

upload_2020-9-14_20-10-8.png

Hi All im hoping this one is a lot more easier to solve! I'm sure i've got this right but you know when you question yourself. I yet again have a DNA match, please see below.

upload_2020-9-14_20-8-29.png

The fact i could potentially have a photo of my 3rd great grandmother is quite something and i would like to have this framed in my pub BUT i need confirmation!

I promise to buy anyone a drink if they can confirm this line. I'm sure all the way up to Julia Cohen my great grandmother.Jacob Cohen was her father who is listed on the marriage cert. If i have it right her mother was married to a Jane Haynes.

Jane Haynes father was Henry Haynes and her mother Jane Britton Brown and her mother was

Jane Britton Thompson
    1818–1901
    BIRTH OCT 1818 • Newcastle, Northumberland, England
    DEATH JAN 1901 • Shoreditch, London

Please let me know if this is correct, if you need to know anything please let me know.

Cheers guys

2. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

These people all come up as written, it seems Jane Britton Brown/ thompson later married Mr Lewis Innocent, wit's Jonathan Innocent & Ellen Brown. Her father Thomas Thompson was a sailor, yes?
    I looked as far as marriage of dtr Jane Brown;
    Marriage Age: 20
    Record Type: Marriage
    Birth Date: abt 1839
    Marriage Date: 25 Apr 1859
    Marriage Place: St James, Shoreditch, Hackney, England
    Father: Henry Brown
    Spouse: Henry Haynes
    Register Type: Parish Register.
    sorry must move along- Congratulaions on your Greats & the photo. ;)

Daft Bat and Nick Saunders like this.
  3. Nick Saunders

Nick Saunders Member

Wendy, thats amazing news! thanks so much for your time looking into this! and the confirmation is just what i wanted. Her picture will now sit proud in my pub, im sending you a virtual drink with this email over to Oz. x

Ma-dotcom, Daft Bat and Archie's Mum like this.
  4. Nick Saunders

Nick Saunders Member

I dont suppose you have time to look into my Jacob Solomon query do you?.. i dont think its as straight forward as this one! :)

5. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

Thank you Nick, I only passed along what I found/viewed. Glad it fits well with what you have.
    No promises on the Jacob Solomon line as my days are a bit her & there as family health matters decree. A bit up & down at the moment. ;) let's see what will...

Nick Saunders likes this.