Just Wondering

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Archie's Mum, Mar 14, 2020.

1. WelchRegLost

WelchRegLost Well-Known Member

Other than the cough i'm ok

2. MollyMay

MollyMay Knows where to find the answers!

My daughter has just told me about the 6 months extention and I was about to post, but see you found it yourself - hope the cough subsides soon @WelchRegLost

WelchRegLost likes this.
  3. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

Any Self raising flour out there? Even plain flour and baking powder would do. Hubby needs his jam drops. :headbang:
    Do you guys have a supply problem in the supermarket? It’s like going on a treasure hunt. Had to settle for strawberry jam when I really wanted rasberry. Then Lo and behold the next day there was rasberry so now we have both. :rolleyes:

Ma-dotcom, GrannyBarb and Daft Bat like this.
  4. Chimp

Chimp Moderator & Cheeky Human IMP Staff Member

We had no milk deliveries in town yesterday, no milk in the shops this morning.

Daft Bat likes this.
  5. MollyMay

Things are getting better here, lots more on the shelves now (OH has been doing the rounds in his break from work), even pasta and toilet rolls! Still lots of gaps but it is improving daily. Hopefully the greedy:mad: have sufficient.

Auburn, AnnB, Daft Bat and 1 other person like this.
  6. AnnB

AnnB Editor in Chief who is Hot off the Press!

I've just been down to my local supermarket and had to queue in a very orderly fashion as they were only letting a certain amount of people in the shop at one time. I didn't have to wait long in the queue and there were a couple of lovely young girls to meet and greet, wiping down the handles of the basket or trolley before handing them over, and giving every customer a generous squirt of hand sanitiser. So, the shopping was fairly relaxed and it was easy to get round the shop without getting 'up close and personal' :D

Needless to say, the stock on the shelves was a bit spartan, but there were still people leaving with trollies piled high - despite being rationed to 3 of any one item :mad::sceptical:

Auburn, Ma-dotcom, Moff and 3 others like this.
  7. MollyMay

Just hope they are shopping for themselves, and someone else who cannot get to the shops - yes I know, I am the eternal optimist;)

Auburn, Ma-dotcom and Chimp like this.
  8. AnnB

AnnB Editor in Chief who is Hot off the Press!

It did cross my mind that they were shopping for others, but I can't believe they all were..... :rolleyes:

Auburn, MollyMay and Chimp like this.
  9. GrannyBarb

GrannyBarb Custodian of the Family Accounts

@Archie's Mum , I have a 5 lb bag of SR flour. I can spare a couple of lbs. Where shall I send it? (Carefully packaged so as not to start a white powder postal scare! :nailbiting: ) :D

I had to venture out Tuesday for Hubby's monthly allotment of pain meds. His pharmacy is inside a grocery. I went shortly after Senior hour. No t.p. but I did get some fresh bread and meat. Still no sausages. No yeast for baking. No non-nsaids pain reliever (for me).

I was headed to the office supply and home-improvement stores in search of t.p., but decided to try a less-busy discount store first. Hooray! They were well-stocked with their store-brand version of a good national brand. Limit 2 12-roll packs. Hooray!

Oh, I have to return to the pharmacy today. They didn't have Hubby's meds ready, despite the announcement from the auto-phone system. They are overwhelmed by folks filling 90-day supplies on their usual 30-day scrips.

Blessings to all those on the front lines. ():-)

10. Jellylegs

Jellylegs Well-Known Member

That did make me chuckle, Derek - thank you {-(^^)-}

Findem and Bay Horse like this.
  11. Archie's Mum

With my luck the cargo ship would sink and that means no one gets SR flour. :rolleyes:

12. Archie's Mum

With all the restrictions on the amount of people able to attend a function, wedding, funeral etc, I was intrigued and a bit worried when the announcement was made on the number of attendees at a funeral. 10 people, including the......I held my breath.....the person conducting the service. :nailbiting:

13. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

Also the hearse driver & funeral director. -Happened here yesterday, making it very hard for Families to say goodbye. :( Also no Church service, all happened at the cemetery. About 20 mins all up. in all.

Chimp, Half Hour and Findem like this.
  14. Half Hour

Half Hour Well-Known Member

We haven't ventured out in about 10 days... I would like fresh veggies and fruit and flour... Our stores have early shopping from 7-8 am for those who have immunity problems or are seniors. They have 6' apart markers and supposedly only allow so many in at a time. Wipe down the arts and some have arrows on the floor for you to follow and keep your distance. They have gone back to plastic grocery bags as they don't want your reuseable ones in the stores. Our pharmacies refill as per doctor's order, most of my prescriptions are for 90 or 100 days at a time and you call ahead. The library has been closed for 2 or 3 weeks now and only essential service stores are open. Funerals are being postponed..people planning private services ( celebrations of life) at a later date. As the ground is not ready for interments here this Spring I would imagine they willed be done later or else they are cremating the remains.

Auburn, Ma-dotcom, GrannyBarb and 3 others like this.
  15. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

God what a mess this virus has caused, much more than I imagined when first I heard of it. Just been announced on the news by our PM, people returning from overseas will be met by Australian Defense Force personnel and put into hotels and spend their isolation there, no more signing a form and going home to self isolate. The whole thing will be overseen by the ADF, which sounds like the ADF will also have personnel guarding at those hotels.

Half Hour, Auburn, Ma-dotcom and 4 others like this.
  16. Archie's Mum

A text from my daughter. Children at home being home schooled for the duration...’Miss Beckie’s School for the Unfocused, J*** the star pupil’ :rolleyes:

Half Hour, Auburn, Ma-dotcom and 6 others like this.
  17. Sis

Sis Rootles out resources!

Here in West Australia they've closed our borders and now there's a travel ban between regions in the state. People will be find for breaking the ban unless it's for compassionate reasons, work or delivering essential goods. IMHO I can see total lock down coming. I'm used to it though as I haven't been past my letterbox for a good while now. Quite happy here at home.o_O:confused::eek::oops::p;):D Take care everyone.{-(^^)-}

Half Hour, Auburn, Ma-dotcom and 4 others like this.
  18. MollyMay

You too @Sis {-(^^)-}and every one else as well ():-)

Findem and Sis like this.
  19. Auburn

Auburn Well-Known Member

Husband went to do some shopping last week - came home and said they had toilet rolls. Oooh! How many did you get? None- I didn't know we needed any.

Today he asked me if I would cut his hair next week as the barbers are not open......

Half Hour, Bay Horse, AnnB and 7 others like this.
  20. Chimp

Chimp Moderator & Cheeky Human IMP Staff Member

:eek::D:D:D

Auburn likes this.