Kenneth R L Bradfield

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by annabel, May 12, 2016.

1. annabel

annabel Puts the Heart into Hertfordshire

I'm a bit confused
    The above man is as far as I can tell, son of the celebrated actor W (Walter) Louis Bradfield, but is is never mentioned in biographies so I hope I'm right

Walter's first wife Jessie Barbara Best had 2 children Edmund and Barbara, this is well documented. I have her death as 1910
    In 1911 Walter Louis, an actor, appears in Edgbaston with "wife" Lily Agnes and Kenneth Robert aged 19 months so he must have been Jessie's child I guess. Lily Agnes Skinner married Walter in August 1911

Now for the odd bit
    In 1939 Kenneth R L Bradfield and Dora M Bradfield are living in Hove according to the index
    In 1852 Kenneth R Bradfield married Dora M Bradfield
    Looking at the index record under Kenneth it says he married Bradfield, Senton or Wallace, but not under her record.
    It's odd that she had the same surname, it's not a common one, and so far does not seem to be a cousin. Are these other names a typo? What does it mean?

2. annabel

I've done my own typo!
    In 1839 they were in Battersea. They married in Hove

3. mugwortismy cat

mugwortismy cat Tenacious to the End!

Hi Annabel :D

You may remember Lily who married Walter Louis Bradfield is a distant cousin of mine!

I assume that either Senton or Wallace is Dora's maiden name, one or other of them is then her married name from a previous marriage. When she and Kenneth finally got around to marrying she had been living with him so long she was known to one and all as Mrs Bradfield.

This however is just a theory. I don't have the marriage cert to back myself up with ;)

4. annabel

Ah yes, I forgot we had a conversation about him. There is a contender for a birth in 1909 of a Dora M Bradfield, not sure if this is her though

So the main reason I am looking at them is because I'm looking to see if there are any Bradfield rellies who would be interested in photos, particularly of Kenneth's brother Edmund, known as Ted, or E Louis Bradfield as an actor. My mum's clearing out stuff, and he's not actually our relation, but married my gg aunt who kept all the photos, but they had no children. It seems wrong to throw them away.
    Have you any hints?

5. mugwortismy cat

OK, I have looked at the tree and I find that I have actually worked out more about Dora.

Death in Bath in Apr 1985, gave dob of 28 Jan 1894, when was born a Dora Margaret Wallace. On 11Aug1913 at Shepherds Bush St Stephen she married Kenneth Ira Sinclair Senton.

I don't know of any descendants, but I haven't worked on the two children from the first marriage (there was a daughter too) :( presumably you have drawn a blank there?

The only chance of some family would probably be descendants of Walter Louis' siblings, maybe even cousins, but I haven't gone into that at all

Edit: sorry Annabel I seem to be saying stuff you already said :oops:

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  6. mugwortismy cat

As for Kenneth's mother I am pretty sure this would have been Lily rather than Jessie, but again I don't have the cert. I always assumed that Lily was a bit of a naughty girl :D