Lilian Elizabeth Butcher born about 1872

Discussion in 'Norfolk' started by annabel, Apr 22, 2019.

1. annabel

annabel Puts the Heart into Hertfordshire

MollyMay likes this.
  2. annabel

Well I'm getting confused.
    Are we saying that George Harris Butcher born 1900 is Harry G Butcher the son of Lilian Elizabeth etc Butcher? Because the GRO says MMN Tacon, unlike his siblings

Also George Butcher 1875 who is with auntie Rachel in 1891 (a widow, I don't know who she was) appears to be George Henry Butcher born 1874 Depwade. The GRO says mmn Pacon

If Elizabeth Jane Butcher (born 1872 mmn Tacon) is Elizabeth Lilian Butcher, and so his sister, then she was with parents John and Jane in 1881, no other children. I can't find George in 1881, and he never seems to be with any family apart from his wife Esther and children

Would Elizabeth Jane have changed to Lilian Etc ? Is there another way to find a connection?

3. Flook

Flook A True Gentleman

Just to get one thing out of the way. Harriet Maria and Herbert Ernest Butcher were twins apparently born to Elizabeth Jane's parents in 1876. Harriet died in May 1876 and Herbert died June 1877 (both FMP Norfolk Burials).

annabel likes this.
  4. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

There is a Lillian Elizabeth Weales born 1872 Mitford Norfolk. Surprisingly there is nothing more I can find for her. No marriage No deaths no census. Perhaps she was a common law wife to Mr Butcher. I have no idea if Mitford is anywhere near Diss though as I can’t find it.

annabel likes this.
  5. Flook

Flook A True Gentleman

Mitford is roughly in the middle of Norfolk and quite a way from Diss. I don't think there's any problem with Lilian Elizabeth's place of birth. Diss is in the Depwade Registration District (south Norfolk bordering Suffolk) and there are a handful of candidates there. Elizabeth Jane Butcher is just one of them.

annabel likes this.
  6. annabel

Well, I'm even more confused
    I've looked into Jane Tacon born 1840 Debenham, Norfolk parents James and Elizabeth. It seems she had a sister Rachel born about 1832 in Thwaite. Auntie Rachel Butcher was born 1844 in "Twaile". In 1874 Rachel Tacon or Elizabeth Jordan married a George Butcher. Is this a coincidence, or the age in 1891 was wrong? I'm having trouble working out further as there is a Thwaite in Suffolk and Norfolk, both with Debenham quite nearby. :confused: