Look ups and help available Glamorgan.

Discussion in 'Glamorgan' started by ROBERTALUNCHICK, May 29, 2013.

1. The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger Dodging, ducking and diving

Enjoy your visit. My wife, daughter and I visited the area in 2013 and saw much of where she was living with her half-brother - born 1961 before coming to Canada in the mid1960's

Brenda Allbee likes this.
  2. Glynis Johns

Glynis Johns New Member

Hi Robert, my name is Glynis Johns and I live in Australia, so would definitely appreciate any help you can give. Can't seem to find much about my Mother who is Ceinwen John, DOB 25 July 1913 in Swansea. Seems her father John John (wife Watts) died when she was 10 (I think), then her Grandfather put her into the workhouse. She then got into trouble and ended up in Rampton Security Hospital (no idea why).

Here's all the details I can dig up on her but I seem to come to a dead end once she goes into Rampton Security Hospital. She had me at 36 (I was born 28.1.49 in Hatfield, Hertfordshire - illigitimate) so got no idea who my father is (not on Birth Cert.) She's dead now so can't ask her either. Presume she must have got out of Rampton when she was 36. As you can see, its a right mess so any help you can give would be genuinely appreciated. Below is all the info I have (through Red Cross and my personal searches with the West Glamorgan Archive Service). My email is johnsglyn AT hotmail DOT com. In anticipation, thank you ever so much. Glynis

Mum: Ceinwen (Pamela) John(s), B’d 25 July 1913 (Ref: District: Bridgend, Vol: 11a, page 2399), Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales, Married 7 Nov 1949, Death: 4 Mar 1988, Father’s name: John John(s) Born: 1844? In Bridgend, Glamorganshire, Mother: Ann (Annie) Watts (Her Death: Vol. 11a, Page 281)

Admitted to Rampton Security Hospital, 1 Aug 1935 (from the age of 22-33), records destroyed in 1974

Transferred to Stoke Park (Colony), 8 May 1946 (Also written is: ‘trans to Stoke Park H 8.5.46’ and ‘(was on license 8.6.45)
    Code:
    http://www.childrenshomes.org.uk/BristolStokePark/
    (From Rampton Hospital) It lists the forenames as ‘Ceinwen Pamela’ and the surname spelt as ‘John’ (I assume this is a misspelling).

Date of birth: 25.7.13

Hospital number: 997

Section of Act: 6

Date of admission: 1.8.35

3. Doug

Doug Administrator. The Main Man. Staff Member

Hi Glynis.

ROBERTALUNCHICK has not been on the forum since 2014 so may not see your post.

mugwortismy cat likes this.
  4. Glynis Johns

Glynis Johns New Member

Oh, that's a shame. Thank you anyway for letting me know.

Doug likes this.