Looking for children of Ann & George Hillier...

Discussion in 'Wiltshire' started by wendymac, Feb 12, 2017.

1. wendymac

wendymac Well-Known Member

Just wondered if anyone could help or point me in the right direction please:rolleyes:
    George Hillier b. 1791 and lived in Wilcot, Wilts and Ann Pearce b. 1796 (going off her age of 33yrs when she died in 1829) who lived in Stanton St Bernard, Wilts. We're married at Stanton St Bernard in 1824.
    I just wondered if there could be any possible children for them at all. I understand a lot of children died in infancy at that time but I thought I would try and see if I could find anything.
    I have seen children born 1824 ( twins - I think) as dates and parents are same- Dinah & Selina born to Ann & George Hillier. Elizabeth b. 1826 & Sarah b. 1828 to same parents but it states from Enford. Now I don't know whether this could be them or a completely different family. ( it's all ifs and buts whether they moved there after marriage or not) I don't know also whether Ann was born in Wiltshire or another county but came to live in Wilts when she was younger so I'm not sure what to enter when looking for her birth place:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    All I know is her father was James Pearce as witness in the church marriage entry which Blackmogs kindly looked up for me while on her travels to Wiltshire a couple yrs back.

Can anyone please help?

Wendy {-(^^)-}

2. AnnB

AnnB Editor in Chief who is Hot off the Press!

I think I am just muddying the water, but along with the marriage between George Hillier and Ann Pearce in Stanton St Bernard in 1824, Ancestry also has a marriage between a George Hillier and Ann Pierce which took place in Enford on the 28th February 1822......and the latter is also on FamilySearch. Sadly, there are no images available.

3. wendymac

Thks Ann,
    That's sort of made it a bit easier really. It must be another family then not just because of the spelling because I know you can't really go off that because things were spelt all different ways in those times. But, on the marriage entry Sue got for me it actually says where they were from ( Stanton St Bernard & Wilcot) so I know we have the right marriage in 1824.

Back to the drawing board then for me .:rolleyes:

Cheers Ann x x

4. MollyMay

MollyMay Knows where to find the answers!

FMP have baptisms (original and transcriptions) for Stanton St Bernard.
    I have looked and cannot see any Hillier births registered 1824-30

5. wendymac

Thks MollyMay for having a look for me - much appreciated:D

MollyMay likes this.