Maria Strugnell born 1826

Discussion in 'Hampshire' started by annabel, Jul 14, 2022.

1. annabel

annabel Puts the Heart into Hertfordshire

Can anyone help me find the parents of this lady, who said she was born in Redbridge, Hants, in 1826

She married Solomon Bevis in 1845 in South Stoneham - I do not need any details of her subsequent family.

However in 1891 she has a middle initial of A, and is with her aunt Elizabeth Pounds born 1811 in Bursledon
    I believe Elizabeth was previously married to Henry Blaker, and was born 1806 as Elizabeth Strugnell to Benjamin and Sarah

However, I cannot work out how Maria is Elizabeth's niece. Can anyone find her parent.? Thanks very much

2. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

Maria may not have been a blood relation to Elizabeth, perhaps her husband? or one of them. Then again a 'step' something or other can be passed around by saying Niece back then.

3. Jellylegs

Jellylegs Well-Known Member

There is a baptismon 19 Sep 1824 at Millbrook, Hampshire of a Maria Amelia Gates STRUGNELL, to a William and Maria.

On the 1851 census Maria says she was born in Millbrook, Hampshire, which is only just over a mile from Redbridge.

Elizabeth Strugnell had a brother William baptised 1797.

The only likely marriage I can find for parents of Maria Amelia Gates STRUGNELL is on 25 Dec 1823 at St Marylebone, Westminster - William STRUGNELL and Ann Maria GATES.

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  4. annabel

annabel Puts the Heart into Hertfordshire

Ah brilliant thanks. I couldn't see the wood for the trees

Ma-dotcom and Jellylegs like this.