Missing in 1911?

Discussion in 'British Census' started by Daft Bat, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

Tom Harry PARKER was born on 30th June 1879 according to the 1939 Register. This is confirmed by a birth registration that took place in the Peterborough Registration District.

He may be found with his parents John and Elizabeth (née COUSENS) and siblings in the 1881 census living in City Road, Peterborough (1593/43/3)

Ten years later, he is living in St Mary’s Street, Peterborough (which is just off City Road) with his parents and siblings (1227/91/6)

The 1901 census has him living in West End, Steeple Claydon, Buckinghamshire, where he is a Labourer in a Brick Works and boarding with the WHITE family. (1367/73/6)

He wed Georgina CARTER on 19th May 1902 in Steeple Claydon and the 1911 census has Georgina living at 30 Padholme Road, Peterborough with children Alfred, Daisy, Harry and “Baby” (aged under 1 month) plus a Nurse by the name of Harriett BALDWIN.

However, Tom is nowhere to be seen.

The couple had 3 more children in 1913, 1917 and 1919, so he cannot have strayed far, but I am blowed if I can find him in 1911! :headbang:

All help much appreciated. :)

2. arthurk

arthurk Well-Known Member

Might he be in Stamford, a boarder in the home of George and Ruth Parker (RG14/19416 sch 34)? (One site has his name as Som rather than Tom.)

I haven't looked into it, but as George was born in Peterborough it seems possible that he was Tom's younger brother. Presumably you have other info to check this against.

Interestingly, this Tom in Stamford gave the length of his marriage - 9 years, which would fit with what you've told us.

Ma-dotcom, Elma and Daft Bat like this.
  3. Daft Bat

Thanks @arthurk - I shall take a look. ;)

4. Daft Bat

Excellent! That's him! Thank you! :D

(I couldn't see for looking... :confused:)

Ma-dotcom, LianeH, Elma and 1 other person like this.