Missing marriage in Hampshire or Staffordshire or anywhere in between

Discussion in 'Hampshire' started by WelchRegLost, Apr 4, 2020.

1. WelchRegLost

WelchRegLost Well-Known Member

Trying to find the marriage of Winifred Podmore born 24 Mar 1920 Wolverhampton died Feb 1999 Portsmouth

Husband most likely John Couttie, son Glenn Couttie born 1950 Portsmouth died 1985???

The 1939 Register has Winifred living with her parents in Wolverhampton the name Podmore is crossed out and Couttie added and a date of 29/09/1949 also added

1939 reg Winifred.JPG

But i am stumped trying to find a marriage for them

2. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

I wonder if the numbers to the side (29/9/49) could be the marriage date? No idea as to what the rest could be, though...

However, as Glenn was born in 1950 in Portsmouth, could it be that John was in the Royal or Merchant Navy, which could take him abroad and therefore the marriage took place outside of the UK?

Just a thought....

Ma-dotcom, AnnB, Sis and 1 other person like this.
  3. WelchRegLost

WelchRegLost Well-Known Member

That gave me an idea, looked at the codes on findmypast and EBA is the registration district for Portsmouth Hampshire, so surmising that NR230 EBA is new record 230 in Portsmouth.

Code:
    https://www.findmypast.co.uk/articles/1939-register-enumeration-districts?_ga=1.234361756.345444609.1386409852 

Ma-dotcom and Daft Bat like this.