Moody, Thurston, Rogers & Peaton

Discussion in 'Huntingdonshire' started by Findem, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

Those are names of my wife's ancestors whom I've researched.

Moody 1787 to 1839. Holywell c um Needingworth.

Thurston 1839 to 1842. Holywell c um Needingworth.

Peaton, all I have on this name is the marriage of Elizabeth Peaton to William Moody 1787 at Holywell c um Needingworth.

Rogers, all I have on this name is the marriage of Mary Rogers to Thomas Moody 1816 St Ives, Hunts.

Happy to share any info I have on the above names plus other odds and ends I picked up.

2. crazycatlady22

crazycatlady22 Well-Known Member

I don't know if this can help you with your research or not but I found this record - Source: Huntingdon Marriage Allegations
    William Thurston of Hollywell marriage allegation and bond with Challice/Chellice Clark of St. Ives 1747.

I found quite a few Rogers but well before the time frame that you are looking at and none at St. Ives.

3. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

I m not sure if you are aware, but Holywell-cum-Needingworth has its own website - with some rather nice photographs:
    http://www.
    holywell-cum-needingworth.info/

4. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

Hi Jan, thanks for that site, I hadn't found it, the countryside photos brought back some fond memories of Essex, haven't seen the wild Rose (Dog Rose?) for a very long time.trips back were usually around September/October time.

My wife must have driven by Holywell quite a few time on our trips to the UK, we had friends in Scarborough and used to drive up to see them for a few days via the A1. My wife would have liked Holywell, she was a great fan of thatched cottages.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  5. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

Thanks for that crazycatlady22, it doesn't help at the moment but could well be invaluable later. Currently I'm stuck on Thomas Thurston c1820, except that from his marriage to Sarah Moody at Holywell I do know his father was also a Thomas Thurston.

6. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

Meant to say my wife and I, the driving was always my job. :)