Myra Tromans 1871 census

Discussion in 'Worcestershire' started by Genie1, Oct 25, 2016.

1. sjs

sjs New Member

2. sjs

sjs New Member

yes that's right, Pheobe Crampton and Mira's father Thomas Tromans was a chain maker, its very confusing, whats the odd on 2 Thomas and phoebes from the same town! I'm going to have to make a trip to the archives and try to shed some light on this.

3. Genie1

Genie1 Well-Known Member

If you have Phoebe Crampton and Thomas Tromans as her parents then that ties in with my friend's family because as you say.what are the odds on two Thomas Tromans and Phoebe Crampton's marrying .
    The only fact at the moment is Thomas and his second wife plus family were living in Cornwall in 1861.As said in post 41.
    Cornwall opc has the burial of Thomas Tromans. 28th October 1863 at Bodriggy,Phillack. After Thomas died his second wife and all but one Tromans went back upcountry.
    Cornwall OPC also has a marriage of Joseph Tromans a chainmaker (the son of Thomas,a chainmaker ) marrying Louisa Nancollis the 17th November 1867 at Phillack.

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  4. Genie1

Genie1 Well-Known Member

After digging around I have found in 1851 Thomas 1821 born Rowley Staffordshire and Phoebe 1824,Cradley ,Worcestershire,living at Light Green,Stourbridge Union,Worcestershire .
    According to FMP the surname is Truomus.
    Children were Henrietta born 1845 and Joseph 1847.
    Are they living in a workhouse?
    I need help to find Henrietta's birth and mother on the GRO index because I have no luck yet.
    If it can be found maybe it will lead to whom Thomas is actually married to and also have the mother's surname for Joseph and Mira (all spelllings:rolleyes:)