Online PRs

Discussion in 'Suffolk' started by Findem, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

Has anyone come across online searchable Suffolk PRs for : -

Bardwell.
    Chelsworth.
    Hadleigh.
    Ixworth.

The period I'm looking at would be 1580 to 1680, I have noted some transcripts in Suffolk Surname transcripts but the places I've mentioned don't start until 1754.

2. Sis

Sis Rootles out resources!

On FreeReg you can see what they have for specific counties. Just click on Transcriptions in the top left hand corner, choose the county and click select. It gives you a list of places which are in the county, click on the one you want and it tells you if there are any transcriptions. If there are click on the name of the place and it gives more information about dates etc for that place.

FMP have some Suffolk Baptism 1580-1911. They also have what they call 'Suffolk Early Burial Records' and a 'Suffolk Marriage Index', but it doesn't say which period these two cover.

Ancestry have transcriptions 'Suffolk, England, Extracted Church of England Parish Records, 1538-1850'.

I will confess that I haven't checked these out to see if they have the specific parishes that you're after.

Sorry, Just thought, you've probably already tried these. Can't find anything elsewhere.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  3. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

If you visit the Dusty Docs website, it will tell you what is available online for each of the parishes that you are researching and where to find them :)

4. AnnB

AnnB Editor in Chief who is Hot off the Press!

I always forget about Dusty Docs, despite having it bookmarked (is anyone surprised :rolleyes:) so thanks for the reminder Jan :)

Daft Bat and Sis like this.
  5. Sis

Sis Rootles out resources!

Me too, obviously by my previous post.:rolleyes:

AnnB and Daft Bat like this.